We accept many payment methods, details of which are listed below.
All payments should be made in £ sterling. If you arrange to pay your fees by instalment it is your responsibility as a student, to ensure you have sufficient funds to cover any agreed payment.
The easiest way to make a debit or credit card payment is online.
Please note that we will never send an email with a direct payment link for International payment methods.
Whichever payment method you use, you can pay the full amount online for the upcoming year in one go. The due date for payment in full is before registration or by 20 September.
UK payment methods
Debit or credit card
To pay by instalment using a debit or credit card you can enter the details safely and securely when you register online.
One off debit or credit card payment can also be made online.
- There is no commission charge for payments by debit or credit card.
- Where payment by instalment is permitted this is offered without additional charges.
- We accept all major debit and credit cards except American Express or Diners Club card.
- We do not currently have the facility to enable you to pay by direct debit from your bank.
- Please ensure that you update your debit or credit card details via the hub if your card is reissued for any reason; even if the card number remains the same, the expiry date may have changed.
- None of the online payment methods can be deemed 100% secure due to the security weaknesses inherent in global IT networks. You should be advised that if you use these methods, you do so at your own risk. Please take care to protect your financial information.
- If you want to pay in person you can pay at the Cashier's Office (Main House, G07, Newton Park, or The Bungalow, Sion Hill). Cash limits of £500 per student, per term apply.
If you want to pay by cheque/bank draft, you can either send them to the Cashier's Office (Bath Spa University, Newton Park, Newton St Loe, BA2 9BN) in advance, or present them in person at one of the registration sessions.
- Payment must be made in full on or before commencement of the course.
- Cheques (not drafts) must be drawn on a UK bank account.
- You will be charged £10 for cheques that are returned from the bank unpaid.
- Acknowledgment receipts for cheque payments are only issued on request.
Please make cheques payable to "Bath Spa University", write your student number and identify what you are paying for on the reverse of the cheque/bank draft.
We do not advise that students pay by cash, but if you want to, you can pay at the Cashier's Office (Main House, G07, Newton Park, or The Bungalow, Sion Hill).
- Cash payment is limited to a maximum of £500 per student, per term.
- You can only pay in pounds (£ sterling).
- Do not post cash in the mail or carry large sums of cash around with you.
International payment methods
When to pay
If you receive an offer of a place on a full-time programme, you will need to pay a tuition fee deposit to confirm your place. The deposit for 2018/9 is £3,000 and the deadline for payment is 31 July for those students commencing courses in September and by 30 November for those starting courses in February.
International students who are new starters are required to pay the balance of tuition fees in full, on or before commencement of the course. The tuition fee must be paid in full by 20 September for those students commencing courses in September and 31 January for those courses starting in February.
Bath Spa University has partnered with Flywire to provide you with an easy and secure method of sending international fee payments.
Flywire allows you to:
- Pay in your home currency
- Avoid unnecessary bank fees and receive favorable foreign exchange rates
- Track your payment online at any time and receive email and text alerts each step of the way
- Enjoy multilingual customer support via phone, chat and email.
Flywire has direct communication with Bath Spa University for fast and easy resolution should any issues arise.