Our Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is responsible for:
- Determining the educational character and mission of the University and for oversight of its activities
- The effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the University and the Higher Education Corporation and for safeguarding their assets
- Approving annual estimates of income and expenditure
- The appointment, assessment, appraisal, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts
- Setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
"Every institution is headed by a governing body who are collectively responsible for overseeing the institution’s activities, determining its future direction, and fostering an environment in which the institutional mission is achieved, and the potential of all students is realised."Higher Education Funding Council for England
Membership of the Board of Governors
In addition to the main board, there are five sub-committees:
Committee of independent governors
As per the list of independent governors.
Convened as required
Finance and infrastructure
Schedule of meetings
Please see the attached schedule of meetings for the Boards of Governors for the 2019/20 year.