Board of Governors
Our Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is responsible for:
- Determining the educational character and mission of the University and for oversight of its activities
- The effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the University and the Higher Education Corporation and for safeguarding their assets
- Approving annual estimates of income and expenditure
- The appointment, assessment, appraisal, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts
- Setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
"Every institution is headed by a governing body who are collectively responsible for overseeing the institution’s activities, determining its future direction, and fostering an environment in which the institutional mission is achieved, and the potential of all students is realised."Higher Education Funding Council for England
Membership of the Board of Governors
- Suzanne Harris
- Sue Rigby (Vice-Chancellor)
- Sabbir Ahmed
- David Newman (University Secretary)
- Katherine Lee (Governance Manager)
In addition to the main board, there are four sub-committees:
- Sue Lane
- Antony Durbacz (Chair)
- Carole Stott
- Chrispin Chikwashi (co-opted)
- Sanjay Shah
You can view the Audit Committee Terms of Reference online.
You can view the Nominations and Governance Terms of Reference online.
- Steve Egan (Chair)
- Vinita Nawathe
- Nick Sturge
- Francesca Fryer
- Stephen Riad
- Simon Lockren
- Harry Watts (co-opted member)
You can view the Finance and Infrastructure Committee Terms of Reference online.
Read more about the Remuneration Committee.
Schedule of meetings
The Board of Governors schedule of meetings for the academic years 2022/23 and 2023/24 can be viewed below:
Access our archive of documents, including minutes from Board of Governors' meetings, and find out more about how Bath Spa University is managed.