The Academic Governance and Quality (AGQ) Team is responsible for the frameworks, policies and procedures that support the University in complying with external regulatory requirements for quality assurance and academic standards.
The Academic Governance and Quality Team ensures the effective operation of the Academic Governance of the University, including Academic Board and its sub-committees and is responsible for the operation, review and compliance with Academic Policy.
The Academic Governance and Quality Team is also responsible for the Academic Quality Assurance frameworks, procedures and operations. This includes programme design and approval, curriculum modification and review, external examining, and partnership management. On this landing page you'll see the Quality Handbook. This provides the key quality assurance information, procedures, templates and documents for prospective and current students, and members of staff.
The team is part of the University’s Governance, Legal and Compliance unit, headed by the University Secretary. For general enquiries to the Academic Governance and Quality Team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an external examiner, please contact email@example.com.
Department team members
The Quality Handbook is made up of key procedures and processes which you can access below. To request a copy of any of these materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Programme Design and Approval Procedure (.pdf)
- Programme Design and Approval - Flowchart
- Curriculum Design Guidance and Resources (.pdf)
- Student Co-Creation Guidance (.pdf)
- Framework Exemption Requests Guidance (staff only)
- Business Case and Costing Forms (staff only)
- Guide to External Advisors in Programme Design
- External Advisor Nomination Form (.docx)
- External Advisor Fee Request Form (.docx)
- Definitive Programme Documentation templates (staff only)
- Academic Approval Report (.docx)
- Guide to Approval Panels and Desk Based Reviews
- Modifications Procedure (.pdf)
- Modifications Flowchart
- Guide to Communication with Students about Modifications (.pdf)
- Guide to CMA Compliance
- Modifications Submission Form (staff only)
- Programme Review Procedure (.pdf)
- Programme Review Flowchart
- Local Enhancement Reflection Template and guidance (staff only)
- Active Monitoring Plan Template and guidance (staff only)
- Partnership Approval Procedure (.pdf)
- Partnership Approval Flowchart
- Operational Responsibilities Grid
The following staff-only documents can be accessed on the Partnership Approval page on Sulis (staff login required).
- Initial Partnership Proposal
- Due Diligence Questionnaire
- Site Visit Report
- Risk Assessment of the Partnership
- Business Case Form
- Partnership Management Procedure (.pdf)
- Partnership Termly Meeting Agenda
- Partner Annual Report template
- Procedure for Consideration of Additional Location(s) (.pdf)
- Request for Additional Locations Form (.docx)
- Partnership Teaching Staff Approval Procedure and Guidance (.pdf)
- Changes to Partnership Teaching Staff Template (.doc)
- Partnership Publicity and Marketing Materials Approval Procedure and Guidance (.pdf)
The following staff-only documents can be accessed on the Partnership Management page on Sulis (staff login required).
- Link Tutor Guidance and Templates
- Partner Visit Template
Terms of reference, membership and schedule of meetings.
Key academic policies and frameworks for assessment and awarding.