Work in beautiful and historically significant surroundings. The University is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff.
Our staff benefit from
- Competitive salaries and generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Onsite nursery
- Occupational Adoptive Leave, Maternity and Paternity schemes
- Contribution to eye tests and corrective lenses
- Recognised trade unions are Unison and UCU
Use our Staff Benefits Calculator.
Our staff have access to a scheme called Lifeworks, provided by Work Angel. The website and phone line offer advice on matters such as:
Current staff member? You can log in using a password and ID provided by HR on your membership card. Please contact HR for the username and password if you do not have your membership card.
We have a range of staff networks set up to foster diversity and inclusion at Bath Spa. These include an LGBTQ+ Staff Network, a Disabled Staff Network, a Women's Staff Network and the Global Inclusivity Network for staff who identify as Black, Asian, mixed race, or another minoritised ethnicity. We also have a Staff Equalities Network for colleagues interested in activism and enacting change at a grassroots level.
Giving to charity
If you're thinking of donating money to charity, or already do so directly, you can take advantage of payroll giving. This method of giving is tax-free as donations are deducted from your pay before tax. Find out how to make your money go further for your chosen charity on the Payroll Giving website, and if you want to sign up, click on 'Donate' and fill in your details.
If you're specifically interested in carbon offsetting, then this can also be done by payroll giving.
You'll be able to attend events throughout the year including exhibitions, music and drama events. You'll be able to buy concession price tickets at Bath Spa Live events and will have free entry to the Holburne museum exhibitions.
- An interest-free season ticket loan for staff wishing to commute to and from the University via bus and train.
- Participation in the cycle to work scheme, which enables employees to purchase an electric bike up to the value of £3,000.
- Electric pool bike scheme.
- Electric charging points for cars. There are 12 parking spaces on our campuses for electric cars – six at Newton Park campus and six at Locksbrook campus.
- Priority car share bays and guaranteed lift home scheme.
Currently working at Bath Spa? Visit the intranet for more information (login required).
We have family friendly policies and a number of flexible working options to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
At the University, we recognise the impact of balancing the pressures and commitments of work and home, which is why we operate a number of working practices and policies designed to alleviate some of the problems that staff may encounter.
Many of our staff work either part time, term time only and on a job share basis. The majority of staff also have the opportunity to work flexi hours. Although we cannot guarantee to resolve all difficulties that staff may have, we consider ourselves a flexible and responsive employer, who wants to recruit and retain the best staff. We therefore operate a number of policies aimed at helping to achieve work/life balance, which are listed in the panel on the left.
There's always our EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) provider, Lifeworks, for help, advice and support. The username and password are on the membership card you received. Please contact HR for the username and password if you do not have your membership card