House of Imagination
House of Imagination is a charity that creates opportunities for young people to imagine and build a better future. Its aim is to put imagination at the heart of education, prove its value, and share that knowledge widely.
Imagination drives creativity and innovation, which are vital for social and economic development. We, therefore, support and grow imagination in learning so young people can create a better future.Penny Hay, Director of Research, House of Imagination
This partnership brings value to the community through nurturing imagination, creativity, public engagement, knowledge exchange, internships and future employment for students. Together, Bath Spa University and House of Imagination will:
- Create places and events for imagination that make real things happen
- Champion new and diverse ways of creative learning
- Design events that directly connect relevant research to the audience through active and creative experience
- Remove artificial barriers due to subject and social silos
- Mix arts and science to make magic
- Promote learning in the way children learn, and share so everyone can learn
- Demonstrate that by imagining and experimenting, we are all made better
- Prove that imagination has real, tangible, investible value
Forest of Imagination
House of Imagination's flagship project, Forest of Imagination, is a free to all annual event that uses creativity to transform urban spaces to change lives, communities, cities and economies. If you want to know more about this year's festival and how to get involved, please visit their website.
Bath Cultural Education Partnership (BCEP)
House of Imagination works closely with Bath Spa University alongside cultural, charity and education partners in the city to support the artistic and creative teaching of young people aged 0-25 in B&NES, listening to and understanding their needs and finding relevant and inspiring, innovative and cultural solutions together.