We will identify
and develop talent
We will identify and develop talent wherever we find it, in our staff, our students and our partnerships and ensure that our culture is one of trust, known for nurturing potential.
We will develop a dynamic academic portfolio which ensures that students aspire to study with us.
We will focus on the personal growth and aspirations of our students, equally valuing their development as individuals and in their subject disciplines.
We will create opportunities for staff and students across the University to work together to explore the boundaries of knowledge and understanding.
We will support
We will support our staff and students and ensure that every person can reach their full potential.
We will recruit talented and capable people to learn with us and work with us, being innovative in our development of a diverse and inclusive community.
We will support our staff and students and ensure that every person can reach their full potential. We will lead by example and encourage trust and long engagement with the University.
Our student journey
We will develop pathways for students from applicants to alumni, which focusses on support, challenges, skill development and engagement with peers and colleagues within and beyond the University. Our student experience will be characterised by:
- being inclusive, challenging, rich in opportunity and enabling
- by a focus on support and wellbeing, and
- by an approach that is integrated, outward looking and responsible.
Our students will leave university ready for successful, sustained and flexible careers in their chosen fields.
We will work in partnership with our students, involving them in all aspects of the University’s work, with a focus on their key engagement with the development of the curriculum and their frameworks of support.
What we will do, specifically...
- We will provide an inclusive and supportive learning environment and space that will enable students to develop their own personal and academic toolkit that will equip them for the unknown.
In this environment all are welcome and included, with their particular experiences and perspectives valued and shared.
- We will provide opportunities for students to work beyond the University, and beyond their discipline. Risk-taking will be encouraged, to develop resourcefulness and confidence.
- Our qualifications will be relevant, current, and co-created by students and staff, with inputs from employers and subject-bodies.
- Our content will be research and practice led and agile in delivery, assessed in a flexible and appropriate manner to ensure that deep and original learning is recognised.
It will build the skills that are needed beyond university and help students to develop the attitudes that will help them thrive after graduation.
- We will ensure that there is an international perspective to all of our learning so that our students are global in their outlook, open to the possibilities of cultural diversity and at ease anywhere.
We will create an inclusive culture with a holistic approach to work and wellbeing.
Support and well-being
We will work with students, their supporters and family to prepare them for the transition to university and in their learning journey through their qualification. Digital technology will enable access to services that are targeted, timely and personalised.
We will work with external partners to ensure that our students can get help 24/7, wherever they are. Our sector-leading Bath Spa Student Wellbeing Services Hub will provide a welcoming physical space where students can access face-to-face physical and mental health support.
Wellbeing in a wider context will be supported by a wide range of activities and opportunities, focussed on the premium parts of our estate and will be available to students and staff.
Our students will be active and engaged, making full use of the grounds, facilities and societies across our campuses.
Our staff experience
We will create an inclusive culture with an holistic approach to work and wellbeing. Clear communication and leadership by example will build an environment of trust and staff wellbeing. We will develop Bath Spa Proud as our vehicle for sector leading reward and recognition strategies. Our promotions processes will be transparent and will enable progression in all of the areas we value.
We will encourage and enable staff to engage with communities beyond the University, locally, internationally and professionally. All of our people-centred practices will embed and embody our values.