If you've completed your online registration, you'll now need to finalise your enrolment. The enrolment arrangements for your course may have changed due to COVID-19.
Due to social distancing measures, in-person enrolment sessions will be replaced with remote enrolment for 2020/21.
When do I need to enrol?
You'll receive an email letting you know when online registration has opened for your course. Once you've completed your online registration, you'll need to follow the instructions below to complete your enrolment. Your enrolment deadline will be stated in your online registration and enrolment email.
How do I get my Bath Spa student ID card?
- New students: Please see the instructions further down the page about where you can pick up your ID card.
- Offsite Bath Spa students: If you're a part-time student, distance learner, or on a placement or exchange programme, it's possible to get your student ID card remotely. Please email email@example.com for details, quoting your six-digit student ID number. If your course is not taught at a Bath Spa campus, your ID card will be sent to your partner institution for distribution.
- Returning students: Your student ID card will be valid for the length of your studies. If your course end date has changed, or if your card has been lost / stolen or is damaged / faulty, a replacement ID card can be ordered from the Bath Spa AppHub.
- Partner institution students: If you're studying at a partner institution, your ID card will be posted to your place of study and it'll be distributed to you from there.
New students studying at a Bath Spa campus
New students studying at a Bath Spa campus are currently not required to attend an in-person enrolment session at Bath Spa University due to the social distancing measures in place.
You'll receive an email letting you know when online registration has opened for your course. To complete your enrolment, please upload a clear copy or photo of one of the following documents in the final step of your online registration:
- Passport (preferred)
- Photo Driving Licence
- Original UK Birth Certificate* or Adoption Certificate
*if your name has since changed, you'll also need to email a copy of your Marriage Certificate / Change of Name document to the Student Information Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t have any of the documents listed above, please email the Student Information Desk at email@example.com.
By uploading a copy of your photo ID, you'll be confirming that you wish to be enrolled on your course at Bath Spa University. Please complete this step before the enrolment deadline as per your email.
Once your uploaded photo ID has been checked, you'll receive an email confirming your enrolment. Post enrolment, the uploaded copy of ID will be deleted from your record. If you've applied for student finance, we'll notify the Student Loans Company once your enrolment is complete.
Returning students studying at a Bath Spa campus
Students continuing on to the next stage of their course are not required to enrol in-person. All students, however, are required to re-register online in advance of the new academic year – you'll be sent an email letting you know when online registration has re-opened for your course. Please ensure that you self-enrol in Step 3 of your online registration before the enrolment deadline as stated in your email.
International students studying at a Bath Spa campus
If you currently hold a Student Route (formally Tier 4) visa that is sponsored by Bath Spa University, you will be required to provide additional documents as part of your enrolment. From 1 January 2021 this will include EU/EEA nationals arriving in the UK to study for longer than 6 months. You will be contacted in advance with further information on how to provide these documents.
In order to complete your enrolment, you will need to upload a copy of your passport in the final step of online registration and provide the Visa Compliance team with the documents listed below.
- Entry Clearance Vignette (visa sticker in passport)
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) - if your course is longer than 6 months and you have used the Alternative Collection Location (ACL) code for Bath Spa in your visa application, your visa will be delivered to us. Once your BRP card has arrived, you will be contacted by the Compliance Team with instructions on how to collect it. If you did not select the ACL delivery process, then you will need to collect your BRP from the Post Office prior to having your documents checked in-person by the Compliance Team
- Proof of your date of arrival in the UK, either your entry stamp, e-ticket or boarding card
For Student Route visa students who are already in the UK and have submitted a visa application, you must bring the following in place of the above:
- Proof of visa application (online submission document)
- Evidence of previous immigration status that permitted study
Students permitted to study in the UK under a different type of immigration permission will need to provide proof of their Right to Study before they can enrol.
Students studying at a partner institution
- New students
Once you've completed your online registration, we'll liaise with staff at your institution regarding your enrolment. You'll receive an automatic email once your enrolment is complete. You're not required to send in or upload a copy of your photo ID (passport or driving licence).
- Returning students
All returning students are required to re-register online in advance of the new academic year – you'll be sent an email letting you know when online registration has re-opened for your course.
ID card collection
Please note that due to COVID-19 restrictions, there may be some changes to your ID card collection arrangements.
Students can collect their ID cards from the campus where their course is based, at the locations below. If you're on a combined course across different campuses, please pick up your ID card from Newton Park.
- Newton Park, Vinery building (behind the Students' Union) - 9.30- 4.30 (closed 12.30-13.30)
- Locksbrook reception - if your course is based at Sion Hill, please also collect your card from here
- Corsham Court reception - ID cards are not yet available for collection at Corsham Court due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Distance Learners - Students studying on a distance learning course will receive their ID card through the post
- Partner Institution - ID cards will be posted to our partner institutions for further distribution where COVID-19 restrictions allow