If you've completed your online registration, you'll now need to finalise your enrolment.
The standard enrolment arrangements for your course may have changed due to social distancing measures. Please check your enrolment arrangements below.
When do I need to enrol?
You'll receive an email letting you know when online registration has opened for your course. Once you've completed your online registration, you'll need to follow the instructions below to complete your enrolment. Your enrolment deadline will be stated in your online registration and enrolment email.
How do I get my Bath Spa student ID card?
ID card collection
- PGDE Teach First - You'll be able to apply for your ID card in September as part of your online registration. Your ID card will be available for collection when you are on campus in January.
- PGCE - Your ID card will be available for collection at your DBS document checking session. Your course team will provide further details.
- EYITT - Your ID card will be available for collection at your first teaching session at Sion Hill.
- Partner Institution - If you're studying at a partner institution, your ID card will be posted to your place of study and it'll be distributed to you from there.
Move-in week and Welcome Weekend, 20 - 26 September
- Gardens, Lakeside or Green Park residences - Please apply for your ID card by the first week of September to ensure that it's included in your move-in pack. If you receive a temporary card, please follow the ID card pick up times as below.
- Independent housing, Waterside Court, Charlton Court, or BSU halls of residences (if ID card isn't in move-in pack)
- Move-in week, 20 - 24 September - Vinery building (behind the Students' Union), Newton Park - 9.30am-4.30pm (closed 12.30pm-1.30pm)
- Welcome Weekend, 25 and 26 September - Commons building, Newton Park - 10am-4pm
From Monday 4 October
If your ID card isn't included in your move-in pack, you can collect your ID card from the campus where your course is based, at the locations below. If you're on a combined course across different campuses, please pick up your ID card from Newton Park.
- Newton Park - Vinery building (behind the Students' Union) - 9.30am-4.30pm (closed 12.30pm-1.30pm)
- Locksbrook reception - if your course is based at Sion Hill, please also collect your card from here
- Corsham Court reception
- Distance Learners - If you're a part-time student, distance learner, or on a placement or exchange programme, you can get your student ID card remotely. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details, quoting your six-digit student ID number. If your course is not taught at a Bath Spa campus, your ID card will be sent to your partner institution for distribution.
- Partner Institution - If you're studying at a partner institution, your ID card will be posted to your place of study and it'll be distributed to you from there
- Returning students: Your student ID card will be valid for the length of your studies. If your course end date has changed, or if your card has been lost/stolen or is damaged/faulty, a replacement ID card can be ordered from the Bath Spa AppHub.
New students (not on Student route visa)
New students are currently not required to attend an in-person enrolment session due to the social distancing measures in place.
You'll receive an email letting you know when online registration has opened for your course. To complete your enrolment, please upload a clear copy or photo of one of the following documents in the final step of your online registration:
- Passport (preferred)
- Photo Driving Licence
- Original UK Birth Certificate* or Adoption Certificate
If you don’t have any of the documents listed above, please email the Student Information Desk at email@example.com.
By uploading a copy of your photo ID, you'll be confirming that you wish to be enrolled on your course at Bath Spa University. Please complete this step before the enrolment deadline as per your email.
Once your uploaded photo ID has been checked, you'll receive an email confirming your enrolment. After enrolment, the uploaded copy of ID will be deleted from your record. If you've applied for student finance, we'll notify the Student Loans Company once your enrolment is complete.
New international students on Student route visa
If you're a new student on a Student route (formally Tier 4) visa that is sponsored by Bath Spa University, you'll be required to attend an in-person enrolment session with the documents detailed below. The international enrolment desk will be opened over the following times:
Important: Please don't attend any enrolment sessions during your COVID-19 quarantine period.
PGCE (Student route visa) enrolment 2021
Friday 3 September (or as agreed with the Registration team)
(international enrolment desk open 12-2pm)
Student Information Desk, Twiverton building
Newton Park Campus
Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 September
(international enrolment desk open 11am-2pm)
Commons Building, room G24
Newton Park Campus
To help us manage queues, we ask that sponsored international students attend their allocated enrolment slot as follows:
- Saturday 25 September - sponsored international students in halls of residences
11am - 12pm (Green Park)
12pm - 1pm (Lakeside, Waterside Court, Charlton Court)
1pm - 2pm (Gardens)
- Sunday 26 September - sponsored international students in independent housing
11am - 12pm (Surnames A-J)
12pm - 1pm (Surnames K-R)
1pm - 2pm (Surnames S-Z)
Welcome Week 2021
Monday 27 September - Friday 1 October
(international enrolment desk open 12pm-2pm)
Commons building, room G10
Newton Park Campus
Sponsored international students wishing to enrol at other times throughout the academic year can do so by attending the Student Information Desk at Newton Park with the documents listed below.
If you're studying at Corsham Court and are unable to attend the in-person enrolment sessions at our Newton Park campus, please visit the Corsham Court reception with the documents listed below. Please note, however, that if you have used the Alternative Collection Location (ACL) code for Bath Spa in your visa application, your visa will be delivered to Newton Park.
What do I need to bring?
Sponsored students on a Student route visa will need to present the following documents to the enrolling officer at the in-person enrolment session:
- Entry Clearance Vignette (visa sticker in passport) - Non-EEA nationals only
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) - Non-EEA nationals only
- if your course is longer than six months and you have used the Alternative Collection Location (ACL) code for Bath Spa in your visa application, your visa will be delivered to us. Once your BRP card has arrived, you will be contacted by the Compliance team with instructions on how to collect it. If you did not select the ACL delivery process, then you will need to collect your BRP from the Post Office prior to your in-person enrolment session.
- Proof of your date of arrival in the UK (boarding card, entry stamp or e-ticket)
- Digital status document share code - EEA nationals only
Students continuing on to the next stage of their course are required to re-enrol online. You'll be sent an email letting you know when online registration has re-opened for your course. Please ensure that you self-enrol in Step 3 of your online registration before the enrolment deadline as stated in your email.
Welcome Weekend 2021
All students are welcome to attend the following information stands in the Commons building at our Newton Park campus over Welcome Weekend, 25 and 26 September 2021.
- Online registration support (computers opposite Cafe Commons) - 11am-2pm
- Finance (computers opposite Cafe Commons) - 11am-2pm
- Student Information Desk - 11am-2pm
- Accommodation support - 11am-2pm
- Fairfield Park Health Centre (please note that students can register with Fairfield Health Centre within online registration) - 11am-2pm
- ID card collection - 10am-4pm
- Students' Union - 10am-4pm
- First Bus - 10am-4pm
- IT support - 9am-5pm
International students on Student route visa:
- International enrolment desk - 11am-2pm
- Immigration Advice team - 11am-2pm