Bath Spa University PGCE Bursary
Bath Spa University offer bursaries to PGCE students who are eligible for Home student funding.
Bath Spa University PGCE Bursary
About the bursary
This Bath Spa University PGCE Bursary Scheme is part of Bath Spa University’s Access Agreement with the government and is aimed at widening access to PGCE courses by removing financial barriers to education for students from under-represented groups.
From 2020-21 we'll provide a number of individual PGCE ITT bursary awards for one year of study for entrants who meet the eligibility criteria.
The award will be paid as a cash award, or trainees may arrange to take their award as a fee waiver.
Part-time trainees, if eligible, will receive a bursary proportional to their intensity of study. If a student repeats the year, they won't be entitled to a further Bath Spa University PGCE ITT bursary award in that year.
As these are targeted awards, not all applicants can be guaranteed an allocation and must meet all eligibility criteria.
- Students must come from areas of low higher education participation based on POLAR4 (Quintile 1 and 2).
- Household income assessed and evidenced by Student Finance as below £15,000, £25,000 or £42,875. We assess your income using your Student Finance assessed household income and also any ITT subject scholarships or bursaries you may be eligible for.
- Domiciled in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
You WON'T be eligible for the award if:
- You're a student from the EU.
- You have any formal sponsorship agreement with anyone other than Student Finance.
- You're transferring course, transferring institution or restarting a course.
Part-time students must be studying 25% intensity or more i.e. taking at least two standard weighted modules. Students studying part-time will receive an award value that is calculated in proportion to the full-time award value.
How to apply
To be considered for a Bath Spa University PGCE Bursary, you must:
- Complete an ‘Application for Student Finance’ for the academic year, making sure you apply for the full package of means-tested support available and supply all evidence requested. You can find full details from Student Finance.
- When making your application, give consent for your household income details to be shared with Bath Spa University. Your household income figure will then be automatically sent to the University and used to assess your eligibility for a bursary.
- Provide the University with details of any subject scholarships you're entitled to.
- Register with Bath Spa University for the academic year.
|Household income (inc. ITT Bursary if eligible)||Total award|
|£0 to £15,000 per annum||£750|
|£15,001 to £25,000 per annum||£500|
|£25,001 to £42,875 per annum||£250|
Students will be notified at the end of October and the payment will be made in mid-November.
Additional support for priority groups
Bursary supplement for priority groups: in each year of study we'll provide a number of supplementary awards for bursary award-holders to further support entrants who are also from one or more of the following priority groups:
- declared care leavers
- currently living at an accredited Foyer or who have moved out of an accredited Foyer in the past 12 months
- in receipt of the increased loan for living costs.
|Household income (inc. ITT Bursary if eligible)||Extra award|
|£0 to £15,000 per annum||£250|
|£15,001 to £25,000 per annum||£150|