Area of research excellence: Education
Bath Spa University’s School of Education has built an excellent local, national and international reputation in the fields of research in three cross-cutting areas of research, which define education research at Bath Spa:
- Social justice and equity in education
- Practitioner research
- Creativity in education.
With interdisciplinary engagement from art and design, creative writing, psychology, and environmental humanities, we produce creative, participatory and critical research that makes an impact on education practice and practitioners.
The socially-engaged and practice-relevant nature of our research impact strategy has been key to allowing us to develop research in partnership with community partners and research beneficiaries - many of whom we have long-standing partnerships with - who benefit from our research and put it into practice.
Current and recent research projects have been funded by the AHRC, the European Commission, the Wellcome Trust, the Education Endowment Foundation, the Primary Science Teaching Trust, NASEN, and Somerset County Council.
Related research centres
- Centre for Cultural and Creative Industries
- Centre for Environmental Humanities
- Centre for Transcultural Creativity and Education.
- RAISED between cultures
- China's higher education provision in the global South
- Researching seaside schools
- The Centre for Policy, Pedagogy and Practice
- SENCO Workload
- Thinking Doing Talking Science
- Exploring forests
- Diversity in Teacher Education
- Attachment Aware Schools
- Teacher Assessment in Primary Science
- STEAM Power
- Attachment Awareness