Thinking of transferring to Bath Spa University? Want to change course? Or have you decided to move to another provider? Get support and information here.
Transferring to Bath Spa
Find out more about the process of transferring, including moving course credits, student finance and accommodation.
- Contact our Admissions team to check that entry to Year 2 or 3 of the course is available: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a UCAS application for the relevant course, ensuring that you choose Year 2 or 3 as your year/point of entry.
- Bath Spa Admissions will review your application and request a full transcript of your current or previous study.
- The course leader for your chosen course will review the transcript to assess whether your current course is a sufficiently good match for the Bath Spa one.
- If necessary, an interview or audition will be arranged.
- If successful, you'll be issued an offer by our Admissions team.
Once you've made your decision and have had your place at Bath Spa confirmed, you'll need to let your current provider know that you intend to move. They should be able to help you with this process, however here are some key points to consider.
- Inform your current provider that you wish to transfer
- Begin the process of transferring accreditation (see below)
- Inform your accommodation provider – please see your contract with your current supplier about how to amend/end your contract
- Inform Student Finance – head to the Student Finance website and get in touch with them to discuss your options for moving institution.
If you're currently studying or have studied at another Higher Education Institution (HEI), you may be able to transfer credits that you’ve already achieved to your new course at Bath Spa. Our Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) Policy contains details of our processes and procedures for accepting APL.
If you're currently studying at another institution and you're considering transferring to Bath Spa University, we recommend contacting your current accommodation provider as soon as possible to enquire about any arrangements for ending your contract.
You’ll need to get in touch with the Bath Spa University Accommodation team to get advice on your options for moving to the University. We can’t guarantee offers of accommodation, but we're here to support you with information, resources and guidance on alternative housing options if we can’t provide you with accommodation.
- Contact: email@example.com
If you have any financial queries related to transferring to a course at Bath Spa University (tuition fees, maintenance support), please contact our Student Finance team.
We recommend contacting the Student Finance team at your current institution before you complete the transfer to Bath Spa University, to check any financial implications of the transfer. You should also review the government’s Student Finance web pages.
If you’re an international student and you’re thinking of transferring to a different course at Bath Spa University, we recommend that you first contact our International team to discuss any implications of changing your course (particularly pertaining to any visa regulations), before submitting your Transfer of Award form.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing course at Bath Spa
Do you want to change your modules, or perhaps your degree? We can support you with changes to your studies.
If you’re considering making module changes that don’t affect your award title, we’d advise looking at the Module Selection page on My Services to view the modules available to you and confirm which you want to swap to.
Once you’ve chosen the module you want to change to, please email the Timetabling team at email@example.com with your student ID and the module titles and codes that you wish to change.
You may feel that you’ve chosen the wrong course and that you’d like to switch degrees within Bath Spa. How we do this depends on:
- How long you’ve been studying your current course
- Available spaces on the course you’d like to switch to
- Your suitability for the new course e.g. current qualifications and experience.
If you wish to change your mode of study from full-time to part-time or from part-time to full-time, please complete the Transfer of Award form and ask all subject leaders affected by the change to your mode of study to sign the form. This can be requested at any point in the academic year. Find out more on MyServices.
While completing the form, please indicate which modules should remain on your record and which should be added or removed in the section provided on the form.
Once signed and completed, please return the form to the Student Information team in Twiverton building or via Student Services on MyServices. The Student Information team will process your request and send this to the Assistant Registrars for approval.
Transferring to another provider
If you’ve decided to transfer from Bath Spa to another university or provider , you’ll need to contact the institution(s) that you’re interested in joining. There’s no system in place for transferring between universities; you may be required to reapply through UCAS or you may be accepted directly by the new institution. You may be able to use the credits you’ve gained at Bath Spa University towards your new course.
The Withdrawals page on MyServices gives detailed instructions on how to complete the withdrawal process, as well as more details about the financial and administrative implications.
If you’ve decided to change institutions, for whatever reason, we can support you.
There are many reasons why you may wish to transfer or leave Bath Spa, and they’re all valid. Whether because of a disability, a bereavement, mental health reasons, health-related issues or you’re simply unhappy, we can provide you with support and guidance to help you make the right decision for you.
If you need time to reassess your situation we’re also here to support you.
It can be helpful to speak to people you trust about how you’re feeling. This could be family, friends, your lecturer, a mentor, or other members of staff you trust. Talking through your feelings and the issues you’re having may give you a different perspective on your situation. If you decide to talk to a member of staff, they can help signpost you to relevant services and colleagues at Bath Spa who’ll be able to help.
Could things improve over time? It’s important to remember that nothing is perfect, and that your experience and feelings may change over time. Many students feel better after completing their first year, and it’s easier to transfer or take a break from your studies if you’ve already completed and passed your first year of study.
Always be honest with yourself and those who support you. Your feelings are valid, and it’s important to think about whether leaving university or transferring to a new provider will solve your issues.
The university experience can be lonely, but it’s important to remember that there are many opportunities to make friends and meet other people. You could join a society or sports team, or seek out volunteering or work opportunities. Meeting like-minded people could help you to develop new confidence, interests and relationships.
If you need professional support from staff, the Student Wellbeing Services team is here to provide you with guidance and support, and be a listening ear.
- Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodation: email@example.com
- International: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Engagement: email@example.com
- Student Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Information: MyServices
- Student Wellbeing Services: email@example.com