The Research Strategy supports the University’s overall strategy. It has six clear objectives that direct our research activities and expectations for the next four years.
- Significantly enhance the amount of world leading work submitted to the next REF
- Increase our research and enterprise income, in particular as part of research networks with other UK and international HEIs
- Create research themes that shape and inform the work of our researchers – including Environmental humanities (art, science, culture and environment), Transnational creativity and education, and Creative and cultural industries
- Be a collaborative, entrepreneurial partner in the UK’s creative and cultural economy – our research creates impact by shaping practice, triggering innovation and informing policy
- Be the UK gateway to a global network of partner research institutions working in our fields of professional, creative and critical practice
- Be a university of choice for early career research staff (ECR) and postgraduate research students in our research specialisms
These objectives build on Bath Spa’s existing research strengths while increasing the breadth and depth of our vibrant and interdisciplinary expertise.
Read our Research Strategy 2030.