Did you know you can start and save your UCAS application, then come back and submit when you have everything ready? Here’s what you’ll need to submit your application.
There's still time to apply
If you apply before the deadline, you’ll receive equal consideration, regardless of how early or late you apply. Your school or college may give you an earlier deadline to ensure you have time to arrange for your academic reference, write your personal statement and submit your application on time.
If your application is late, it may still be considered if there are still places available on the course. If you applied after the deadline and you receive an 'unsuccessful' decision, even though you meet the entry requirements, it is likely that it’s because the course is full. You may also receive a 'withdrawn due to course being full' notification.
Are you desperately seeking a gap year? We totally understand.
Get your future self organised by applying now for a deferred entry. Just like any other application, an application for a deferred start needs to meet the entry requirements for the year in which the application is made. If you decide to defer after you’ve already applied, please get in touch.
Are you already studying at a different university, but would prefer to be studying with us?
You can apply to transfer to Bath Spa for your second or third year, by adding ‘2’ or ‘3’ to the ‘point of entry’ box.
We recommend that you contact us to discuss your situation, qualifications and experience before you make your application. We’ll advise you on your best course of action.
About your application
Your application needs to include:
- Bath Spa University’s UCAS institution code: BASPA B20;
- The course you’re applying for;
- A personal statement;
- Your predicted grades and / or highest qualification achieved so far;
- An academic or professional reference.
We want to hear why you’re applying, your ambitions, what makes you suitable for the course and any relevant skills and experience you can bring to your studies.
This is your opportunity to show your motivation, readiness and commitment to studying your chosen course at Bath Spa University. Don’t be afraid to be your quirky self.
A strong personal statement should include:
- Evidence that you have researched the course content including information about your specific interest areas within the subject/s;
- How your chosen studies support your long-term goals;
- Any transferable skills you can bring to your studies;
- Examples of any relevant work-experience and/or extra-curricular activities;
- If appropriate, how your current qualifications will help you to be successful in your chosen studies;
- Supporting evidence to back up your statements.
If you need more guidance, please see the UCAS guide to writing a personal statement.
Your predicted grades will be used as part of our selection process. It is essential that your referee includes all predicted grades for any qualifications which you have not yet completed.
Academic or personal reference
Your referee should preferably be someone who knows you academically. If you’re applying from a school of college, a teacher or tutor will be able to write you a reference. If not, you should ask your employer or a school/college you recently attended.
- Include your referee’s contact details, so that UCAS can contact them.
- Don’t use friends, family or a partner as your referee, as this may result in your application being cancelled.
- Your referee needs to provide predicted grades for any qualifications which you haven’t completed.