Our Web Development Bootcamp provides the necessary skills to gain employment in web development roles.
In just 12 weeks, you'll be provided with the necessary skills to gain employment in web development roles. You'll cover:
- Introduction to websites
- Web application skills
- Building and deployment of smartphone and web apps
- Experience design
- Version control adn testing
- External API’s
- Managing data
- Future web technologies
- Personal and professional skills
- Employment support including techniques for job applications and mock interviews.
In addition to highly experienced lecturers, you'll also benefit from guest speakers, group exercises, and a blended delivery model to provide maximum flexibility for other commitments.
The course will be hands-on and includes project work based on real scenarios that form part of the assessment process.
This bootcamp is for adults requiring new and additional skills to embark on a career in web development.
The first bootcamp runs between Monday 13 September - Friday 3 December. There are a limited amount of spaces and demand is expected to be high, so please register immediately to maximise your chances of being accepted onto this programme.
Who can apply?
This bootcamp is for adults impacted by the pandemic, seeking to upskill and reskill, leading to a career in digital technology. The specific focus of this course is website development which consistently features as being an in-demand skillset from employers both large and small.
- Be aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data and supplementary information on their employment outcomes for up to eight months following completion of the bootcamp
- Be looking for a new role, new opportunities or increased responsibility/promotion to a different role that utilises the skills acquired through this bootcamp.
- Employed/self-employed, or
- Career changers/returners/redeployed, or
- Unemployed within the last 12 months.
Why should I apply?
Working directly with local employers you'll be supported with clear pathways to employment as well as gaining core employability skills.
Are there any pre-requisites?
The single biggest thing we’re looking for is for you to possess the desire, commitment and interest in Web Development.
While some previous knowledge is desirable, the most important factor is a positive mindset, as without this it'll be difficult to sustain the intensity required for successful completion. If you can demonstrate these attributes we want to speak with you.
I've submitted my enquiry form - what happens next?
A member of our team will contact you to discuss your objectives and ensure your suitability for this course. We want to ensure all participants have a maximum chance of completing this programme with an employment outcome.
How much will it cost me?
All Web Development Bootcamps are funded by the Department for Education and therefore there is no charge.
Please note: Where learners are being sent on training by their employer, the employer will need to pay 30% of the total learner fee. Employers should speak directly to the delivery partner to understand the fee structure.
What will I learn?
You'll learn about:
- Introduction to websites including how they work and frameworks for use
- How to plan and design websites including user experience concepts
- External API’s
- Version control and testing
- Managing data
- Search engine optimisation
- Professional developer best practices
- Technologies and creative strategies for tomorrow’s web.
Upon completion of this bootcamp, you'll be able to:
- Understand the key aspects of web development and web and mobile applications.
- Build websites and applications including principles and practice of user experience.
- Understand the practice of search engine optimisation, version control, testing, and managing data.
- Succeed with job applications – getting an interview and recognising different interview styles.
- Demonstrate an improvement in personal or soft skills through individual and group exercise work.
- Achieve an employment outcome in web development.
How will the teaching be delivered?
You'll be taught through a combination of face to face and online teaching to provide maximum flexibility and the opportunity for participants to combine learning with other life commitments.
Due to the intense nature of this course and the need to deliver a lot of the employability skills in person, there is a requirement for face to face delivery. However, this will be provided at times to minimise disruption to things like school runs.
Content will also be delivered online each day to maximise this flexibility. It should also be noted the course is designed to be fully online should there be a requirement to adjust due to further lockdown restrictions.
How has this bootcamp been designed/created with employer input?
We've worked with our established employer partnership comprising of individual businesses and representative bodies like the Chambers of Commerce, to ensure this course meets the needs of a broad range of SME’s and larger employers. Our content has been validated with a subset of employers prior to delivery to ensure alignment with skills demand.
How are employers involved in the delivery?
Employers were involved in an initial consultation on the design and content of this course and feature throughout a number of weeks of teaching. Employers have provided assistance with mock interviews, employer networking events, employer involvement in project assessment, and the provision of 1-2-1 employer mentoring to achieve employment outcomes.
What are the routes to employment following successful completion?
Throughout the bootcamp, you'll develop your employability and soft skills based on proven methods for CV writing, interview techniques and personal statement creation. You'll also gain knowledge of techniques in confidence, resiliency, communication and problem-solving.
In addition to traditional classroom-based learning delivery, you'll be provided with opportunities for these skills to be practiced and displayed throughout. We encourage mentorship through alumni, and college and university staff.