Bath Spa University welcomes students from China. From entry requirements and visa advice, scholarships and student experience, we’ll support your application every step of the way.
"I welcome anybody to approach me for anything regarding studying at the University, as I really enjoy talking to students from different backgrounds. The human touch is vitally important in the international recruitment process."Jiemin Tomita - Head of International Recruitment and Partnerships
Entry requirements - specific to China
- Senior Secondary School Graduation Certificate with a grade of 70% and a Foundation Certification from a recognised institution.
- National College Entrance Examination (Gaokao) - An average minimum score of 70% in the Gaokao. If a science is required at A Level, we would expect the applicant to have taken the science stream. If a humanities subject is required at A Level, we would expect the applicant to have taken the arts stream. Both the science and arts stream would be acceptable for BA Business and Management pathways.
Undergraduate - Year 2 or 3 entry
- Students with a Da Zhuan Certificate will be considered for Year 3 entry on an individual basis.
- Bachelor's degree certificate with a minimum of 75% in addition to a Da Zhuan certificate.
Please visit our Bath Spa China website for full details on Undergraduate and Postgraduate entry requirements for Chinese students, and other useful information.
Standard entry requirements
These are the general entry requirements for students from all countries. You can either apply if you meet these requirements or those specific to your country.
- IB Diploma at 26 points (minimum)
- 3 A levels at grades CCC-BCC
- Other international qualifications to an equivalent standard.
Undergraduate year 2 or 3 entry
- You may be able to transfer credits and go onto year 2 or 3 of an undergraduate degree.
- Find full details on our how to apply webpages.
- Normally a Bachelor's degree with honours and a good passing grade from an internationally recognised university or Higher Education institution
- Other international qualifications to an equivalent standard will also be considered.
- Visit research degrees for full entry requirement details.
We review all applications individually. Please note our entry requirements are a general guide only, and may be subject to change.
In addition to the entry requirements listed, please make sure that you check the webpage for the course you’re applying for.
“I like Bath a lot - the city is safe and quiet. I also found a part-time job here to support my studies.”Wenwan Cai, BA (Hons) Fashion Design, China
How to apply
We are committed to providing a simple and effective application process to you, and our dedicated staff can help you every step of the way. You can find everything you need to know to apply to Bath Spa University, including application forms and advice, on our international applications page.
To study in the UK you must have the required finances for your tuition fees and living costs.
You would normally pay international tuition fees. For full details, please go to Fees and Finance for international students. We also have a number of scholarships and bursaries available for international students to help with study fees.
"The school placements gave me some practical work experience. After I graduate I plan to go back home and teach English."Yajie Liu, MA TESOL, China
Living costs in the UK are sometimes also called maintenance costs. These include accommodation, food, clothes, books, socialising and travel in the UK. The British Council's International Student Calculator can be a useful tool when budgeting and planning your study costs in the UK.