Bath Spa University welcomes students from the USA. From entry requirements and visa advice, scholarships and student experience, we’ll support your application every step of the way.
Entry requirements - specific to the USA
USA High School Diploma with an unweighted GPA of 3.0 and at least one of the following:
- SAT with a combined score of 1220 out of 1600 (with minimum of 570 in Maths and 610 in reading/writing). Please send your SAT scores to the University through your College Board account.
- Results from 3 Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations with minimum of 3 in each. Please send your AP scores to the University through your College Board account.
- ACT results with minimum score of 26. The University’s ACT College Code is 7964. If you did not request your ACT scores to be sent to Bath Spa when you registered for the test, you will need to arrange for your scores to be sent through to the University. Instructions on how to do this are here.
- A Bachelor's degree with honours and a final GPA of 2.7 or above from a recognised university or Higher Education institution in the USA.
"Anything you want to know about Bath Spa University or life in the UK, just ask me!"Ryan Smith - International Recruitment Manager
Standard entry requirements
These are the general entry requirements for students from all countries. You can either apply if you meet these requirements or those specific to your country.
- IB Diploma at 26 points (minimum)
- 3 A levels at grades CCC-BCC
- Other international qualifications to an equivalent standard.
Undergraduate year 2 or 3 entry
- You may be able to transfer credits and go onto year 2 or 3 of an undergraduate degree.
- Find full details on our how to apply webpages.
- Normally a Bachelor's degree with honours and a good passing grade from an internationally recognised university or Higher Education institution
- Other international qualifications to an equivalent standard will also be considered.
- Visit our research degrees webpages for full entry requirement details.
We review all applications individually. Please note our entry requirements are a general guide only, and may be subject to change.
In addition to the entry requirements listed, please make sure that you check the webpage for the course you’re applying for.
"Bath Spa University stood out to me because of how much they wanted to get to know me as an international student, and how much they wanted to help me make Bath my home."Kelsey Ford, USA, MA Arts Management
How to apply
We're committed to providing a simple and effective application process for you, and our dedicated staff can help you every step of the way. You'll find everything you need to know to apply on our how to apply pages.
To study in the UK you must have the required finances for your tuition fees and living costs.
You would normally pay international tuition fees. For full details, please go to Fees and Finance for international students. We also have a number of scholarships and bursaries available for international students to help with study fees.
Living costs in the UK are sometimes also called maintenance costs. These include accommodation, food, clothes, books, socialising and travel in the UK. The International Student Calculator can be a useful tool when budgeting and planning your study costs in the UK. It is supported by the UK Council of International Students.
“I was the President of the Basketball Club at Bath Spa. Pretty exciting. I was able to get us in the BUCS Basketball League (The UK University League) for next season."Katherine Adkins, USA, BA (Hons) Commercial Music