Bath Spa University recognises that the energy, products and services it consumes cause the emission of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, which contributes to climate change.
Bath Spa University recognises that the energy, products and services it consumes cause the emission of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, which contribute to climate change. As part of our overall sustainability goals, we are committed to continual improvement in the management and reduction of energy consumption and carbon emissions.
- Manage energy consumption via a systematic, auditable energy management system, certified to ISO50001
- Ensure continual compliance with energy related legislation, OFS requirements and corporate commitments
- Implement a sustainable energy strategy to reach Carbon-Neutrality* by 2030
- Ensure any new development contributes to the sustainable energy strategy
- Continually improve the energy efficiency of our existing estate
- Regularly monitor and review energy consumption against our reduction targets
- Ensure the availability of information and necessary resources are made available to achieve these goals, cost-effectively
- Manage our Scope 3 emissions from waste, water, transport, products and services, via our ISO14001 Environmental Management System
- Promote energy awareness among our staff and student body
- Communicate progress to internal and external interested parties
- Assess the energy efficiency of significant energy using plant, equipment and processes during the design and procurement process, including new buildings and refurbishments
* Certified to internationally-recognised PAS 2060 Carbon Neutral Standard.
This Policy will be reviewed biannually or when material changes to the University occur, to ensure that it continues to be relevant and fit for purpose.
Date of last approval: June 2022
Approved by: Vice-Chancellor, Professor Susan Rigby