Newton Park Library will be closed from Friday 14 June at 5pm to Monday 8 July at 9am.
This is to enable some exciting improvements to Library services and the study seating in the foyer area.
All of our services will be available in Commons (ground floor - the usual Library vacation hours apply), including:
- a collection point for books, reservations and inter-library loans
- appointments with the Writing and Learning Centre
- access to Subject Librarian help and support
As well as new loan and return kiosks at all three campus libraries, the work at Newton Park will include new study seating in the foyer area, redecoration and new flooring.
Please see further advice for students during the closure period.
In addition, a number of planned supplier upgrades are scheduled during this period.
- On 8th July Lynda.com will be rebranded as LinkedIn Learning.
- LinkedIn Learning combines the quality video tutorials of Lynda with the professional network features of LinkedIn.
- Lynda users will automatically migrate to LinkedIn Learning accounts, with the option of connecting a LinkedIn account for a more personalised experience.
- New features and fresh look for RefWorks.
- Legacy RefWorks will be unavailable from 8th July.
- All existing Legacy RefWorks users will be emailed in advance with advice on how to migrate their accounts.
Supplier and IT led improvements
- Before 24th June, advanced users of VLEbooks, ScienceDirect, JISC Historical Texts, and Zetoc are advised to make back-ups or copies of any notes, alerts or saved searches.
- On 24th June, there may be temporary disruption to user accounts on RefWorks, Box of Broadcasts and MyEBSCOhost while improvements are made.
Please contact us for further advice or guidance.
Advice for students
- Stock up before we close - you can borrow up to 25 items at a time and the recall system will be suspended for the summer
- Place an online reservation - order items for collection from Commons (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- Make an appointment - with your Subject Librarian or the Writing and Learning Centre
If the prospect of this short Library closure is making you anxious in any way, then please speak to us and as always we will do our best to help you personally.
- Email : email@example.com
- Chat : 24/7 Online chat service
- Visit : come and see us now in your campus Library or visit us in Commons during the closed period (Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm)