Claire is a senior lecturer in film, teaching on undergraduate courses in practical film-making and theory. She is Public Engagement Producer for the Media Convergence Research Centre, helping to facilitate new collaborative projects between Bath Spa researchers and external organisations through public events and workshop activity.
She is a documentary film-maker, with experience of producing work in UK broadcast programming and the film festival circuit. Her research interests include rural and urban experiences of young people and citizenship (in which she is studying for a PhD at Goldsmiths) and new forms of storytelling using immersive and online techniques.
- MA – Photography and Urban Cultures (Goldsmiths, University of London)
- BA Hons – French and German (Oxford University).
Other external roles
- Freelance Documentary Producer/Director
- Digital Arts Tutor,Hillcroft, National residential college for women.
Areas of expertise
- Participatory research methods
- Levy, CE, Sep 2015. Perceptions of Ageing in Digital Storytelling. International Visual Methods Conference. Brighton University
- Rooke, A & Levy, CE May 2015. Cultural Values. International Digital Storytelling Conference. Institut Politecnico de Leiria, Portugal
- Levy, CE. March 2015. The Quandaries and Tensions in Digital Storytelling. Connected Communities Digital Archive Conference. Leeds University
- Levy, CE & Nicholls, E. August 2014 eds. Streetsigns. London. Centre for Urban and Community Research.
- Levy, CE. July 2013 Presentation of Selves : Delineations of Public and Private through the Visual. Chair and panellist. International Visual Sociology Association Conference. Goldsmiths College
- Levy, CE. Oct 2012. Extending Creative Practice. A Creative Encounter. Street Signs. The Journal of Centre of Urban and Community Research
- Levy CE. Autumn 2012. 2011. Camera-Phones : A Users’ Guide. (Film) International Visual Methods Conference. Open University.
Claire Levy is interested in supervising students with an interest in documentary film-making, participatory research processes, non-linear storytelling.
Consultancies, business and enterprise work:
- Series of films on Organ Donation for Worthing NHS Trust.
Invited talks / Guest lectures:
- Oct 2016. Cheltenham College ‘From Reality TV to Snapchat : Telling Stories through Pictures.’
- Strictly Cinema – immersive, participatory cinema screenings launched as part of Stroud Film Festival in March 2017. The next event is in August 2017
- Levy, CE Dec 2010 & Feb 2012 Design and Rehabilitation. (Films). RSA.
- March 2017 – ‘Good On Paper’ (magazine and online) – Interview on Stroud Film Festival and Strictly Cinema immersive, participatory film screening
- 1st December 2016 – Panel and Screening for Some Will Forget (film) at Underwire Film Festival, UK (Nomination for Best Producer)
- Nov 2016 – Winners Panel and Screening of Across Still Water (film), Aesthetica Film Festival, UK.