As University Secretary, David has executive responsibility for the University's governance, legal, compliance and quality assurance functions.
David is responsible for the effective running of governance across the University and serves the Board of Governors. He advises the Chair and provides an essential link between the non-executive and executive functions of the University.
Under David’s leadership, the University Secretary's Office has responsibility for the following principal areas:
- Academic Governance and Quality Management
- Corporate Governance and Risk Management
- Immigration Compliance and Advice
- Legal Services and Information Compliance.
David is a member of the Senior Leadership Group and represents the University externally in various sector networks, including the Association of Heads of University Administration. He joined Bath Spa University in August 2018, having previously worked as General Counsel and Director of Legal Services at King's College London.
- LLB (Hons), Law and Criminology
- PG Dip, Legal Practice
Contact David about
- Strategic governance and corporate policy matters
- Board of Governors' business
- University-related legal issues
- Corporate compliance and regulatory matters.