Emma Arblaster lectures in education on both the Initial Teacher Education and Education Studies programmes.
On the ITE PGCE programme, she is part of the English team and is the coordinator of the PGCE Primary and Early Years Special Educational Needs and Disability specialism. She has been an academic tutor on the PGCE programme since 2011, a tutor on the Teaching in a Diverse Society strand and on the Professional Studies strand of the PGCE course.
On the undergraduate Education Studies course she teaches on the final year Teaching and Professionalism module.
Before joining the University, Emma taught in a local primary school for 16 years - the latter part in a senior leadership role.
- BSc Applied Psychology and Computing
- PGCE Bath University.
- United Kingdom Literacy Association.
Other external roles
- Vice-Chair of Governors in a local Infant School.
- I am committed to my continued professional development and am currently working towards a Masters Degree.
Recent professional updating
- Middle Leadership in Primary Schools 2008
- Mentoring in Primary Schools 2010.