Georgie is a professionally qualified humanistic integrative counsellor and has worked with both college and university students over the past 7 years. She was trained in many different types of counselling technique, including psychodynamic, person-centred, Gestalt and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), so has developed her own personal way of working, which allows her to work with the student as an individual and in a way that best suits their needs. Georgie has experience working with a variety of issues, but has also undertaken specialist training in working with clients who identify as being transgendered, which is an area of work she is passionate about.
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling - CPPD Counselling School
- BA (Hons) Anthropology - Durham University
- Member - BACP
Areas of expertise
- Working with trans clients
- Self compassionate therapy
- Working in time limited counselling.
Contact Georgie about
- Discussing concerns about students who might be struggling
- Advice on how to support a student experiencing mental health difficulties
- Advice on supporting trans students
- Information about what 'transgender' means and how it can impact on students.