Georgie is a professionally qualified humanistic integrative counsellor and has been providing counselling to students since 2012. She has trained in many different types of counselling techniques, including Psychodynamic, Person-centred, Gestalt, Compassion Focused Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), so has developed her own personal way of working, which allows her to work with the student as an individual and in a way that best suits their needs.
Georgie has experience working with a variety of issues but has also undertaken specialist training in Mindfulness, working with trauma and PTSD, and also in working with clients who identify as trans or non-binary, or who are questioning their gender identity. This is an area of work she is passionate about.
As well as offering counselling at Bath Spa, Georgie is the lead contact within Student Wellbeing Services for any student who identifies as trans or non-binary, or is questioning their gender identity, and may require any additional practical or therapeutic support.
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling - CPPD Counselling School
- BA (Hons) Anthropology - Durham University
- Member - BACP
Areas of expertise
- Working with trans and non-binary students, or those questioning their gender identity
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Treatment of trauma and PTSD
- Working in time limited counselling
Contact Georgie about
- Discussing concerns about students who might be struggling
- Advice on how to support a student experiencing mental health difficulties
- Advice on support available for trans and non-binary students, or those questioning their gender identity
- Information about what being trans or non-binary means and how it can impact on students