Isik joined Bath Spa University in February 2018 to pursue a PhD in Accounting and Finance.
As well as publishing a number of articles and book publications, Isik also acted as the European Union Project Manager at Istanbul Gelisim University from 2016 to 2017. Other roles in Istanbul include work as Vice Principal of the Institute of Health Science, President of the Bologna Committee, and he is a member of the Higher Education Academy. His teaching experience in the HE includes being part of University of the Arts London and Worcester University as a lecturer.
He has previously taught such topics as mathematics, statistics, finance, international finance, economics, accounting, and insurance.
- PhD in Accounting and Finance - Bath Spa University
- PhD in Economics and Finance - Istanbul Gelisim University
- MSc in Finance - University of the West of England, Bristol
- BSc in Mathematics - Trakya University
- The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
Other external roles
Advisory Board Member
- International Journal of Business Innovation and Future Industries
- Metropolitan Business Review
- Karachi University Business Research Journal
- International Journal of Business Innovation and Futures Industries
Editorial Board Member
- Financial Markets, Institutions and Risks (FMIR)
Economics, Accounting and Finance, Mathematics
Publications and research
- 2016-2017: Project Coordinator, European Union Project, Life-Long Learning Programme
- The Impact of Credit Risk Management on the EU Banks' Performance (Dr Elemion Gonis), 2018
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Contributions, 2018
- The Approach to Internet Banking of Bank Customers in Turkey, 2018
Chapter in published books
- Behavioural Finance: Homo Economicus, Psychology and Irrationality (Chapter: Adaptive Market Hypothesis), 2020
- The European Central Bank, The Bank of England And Swiss National Bank Monetary Policy Tools and Their Effects on The Economy, 2017
- Private Equity and Impacts on Recent Financial Crisis, 2017
- Corporate Governance in Financial Services, 2017
- Investigation of Investors' Decisions in Terms of Behavioural Finance, 2017
- Factors Influencing the Profitability of EU Banks Before and During the Financial Crisis, 2016
- Safe Haven or Risky Hazard? Bitcoin, Gold and S&P 500 Before and During the Covid-19, 4th International Conference on Economics, Finance and Management: Recent Trends of the 21st Century in Economics, Finance and Management, Gelisim – UWE Bristol, 2020.
- Financial Literacy and Behavioural Biases among University Students, Inna Pomorina, Isik Akin (Bath Spa University) and Ros O'Leary (the University of the West of England), Developments in Economics Education Conference Abstract Book, 2019
- New credit rating model for countries: EU and Turkey, 3rd International Conference on Economics, Finance and Management: Recent Trends of the 21st Century in Economics, Finance and Management, Gelisim – UWE Bristol, 2019, p.48.
- 2nd International Conference on Economics, Finance and Management (GELISIM – UWE, 2018) – Conference Secretariat
- 1st International Conference on Economics, Finance and Management (GELISIM – UWE, 2017) – Conference Secretariat
- International Economics, Management and Market Research Congress, 2019
- Workshop on Lean Humanitarian Food Supply Chain in Turkey, Sep 9-13, 2017
- Istanbul University 15. National Management Congress, 2016
- International Economics, Management and Market Research Congress, 2015