Dr John Bostock is a Senior Lecturer in Higher Education Practice in the School of Education, and module leader on the PGCHE and MA PPHE. He is a National Teaching Fellow (NTF), a HEA Principal Fellow (D4) and a Senior Fellow of the Staff and Educational Development Association (SFSEDA). Externally, he is an Executive Member of SEDA and member of the Educational Developments (EdDevs) committee and an external examiner/critical friend for several UKPSF CPD Schemes nationally.
He has taught in various roles in Further and Higher Education since 1987; Lecturer and Head of Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Teacher Education (FE) (1987-2007), Senior Lecturer in Post-Compulsory Education and Training (2007-2012) and Senior Lecturer in Teaching and Learning Development (2012-2020). Prior to joining Bath Spa University School of Education in September 2022, John was a Senior Fellow (Reader) in Learning and Teaching (2020-2022).
His research interests include the significance of social interaction in on-line learning, conceptualisations of teacher education in professional training, developing pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) in Higher Education and exploring the use of technology in enhancing the quality and impact of teaching, learning and assessment.
- BA (Combined Honours) in German and French Studies (University of Portsmouth),
- Graduate Certificate in Education (FE)) with Distinction (Garnett College)
- MA in Post-Compulsory Education and Training (University of Greenwich)
- Doctorate in Education (EdD) (Manchester Metropolitan University)) which focused on Conceptualising Teacher Education in Professional Training.
Areas of expertise
- Curriculum Design and Development