Joshua is Senior Lecturer and Course Leader for BA Fashion Marketing and Management, a Link Tutor for our partner faculties, and a sustainable fashion entrepreneur. During the pandemic he was the ‘Blended Learning Champion 2020-22’ and part of the ‘Team of the Year 2021’ at Bath Business School.
Joshua’s vision is a sustainable fashion system - fashion built upon circular principles across clothing, company and country. Particularly the need to consider the closed loop design of our garments, the environmentalism, diversity and consciousness of our companies, and the regenerative nature of the whole system. If digital innovation meets slow fashion craft then our rich cultural heritage of making can evolve into a sustainable future. His research is housed at the Research Centre for Environmental Humanities.
Joshua develops modules and courses in fashion marketing and fashion management at undergraduate and postgraduate level as well as teaching modules such as:
- BMA6113 Sustainable Fashion
- BM7004 Fashion Marketing
- BM7302 Digital Marketing
His business interests include founding the origin-inspired menswear label Tails 1979 and a non-executive director position at www.tailsandtheunexpected.com (for premium online menswear retail and the manufacture of vintage inspired clothing).
- Master's in Business Administration - Leadership - Bath Spa University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice - University of the West of England
- Post Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Leadership - Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership - Chartered Management Institute
- BA (Hons) in International Development - Sussex University
- Fellow of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (CF)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
Areas of expertise
- Sustainable fashion
- Entrepreneurship and innovation (startups)
- E-commerce and digital marketing
- Williams, J. (2021) ‘Fashion’s Hidden Carbon Footprint’ [COP26 Lecture]. Climate Exp0, COP26 Universities Network. 19 Jul.
- Williams, J. (2021) ‘Will We Shop ’Til We Drop? Fashion and the Circular Economy: The Citizens Challenge for Reimagining the Future of Fashion and Textiles’ [COP26 Lecture]. COP 26 Glasgow, Sussex University and partners. 7 Oct.
- Williams, J. (2021) Sustainability Consultant. SOHO HOUSE. 1-31 March.
- Williams, J (2018), [Fashion Exhibition]. Tails Tokyo Showcase SS18. Tails Clothing Company and PARKER Interior Design, Yoyogi Park, Tokyo, 9 Mar.
- Fashioning the Future: Diverse Minds, Healthy Bodies (2018), [Radio Show: Panel]. Ujima Radio, Bristol, 18 Apr.
- Williams, J (2016), ‘Why I’m Voting to Bremain Not Brexit’, Minute Hack, London, 3 Jun.
- Last French Beret Maker Fights for Survival (2014), [Radio Show: Interview]. BBC Radio Wales, 24 Feb.
- Shané Schutte (2013), ‘On the Importance that Needs to be Placed on Heritage’ [Article Research and Interview by Joshua Williams]. Real Business, London, 18 Nov.
- Williams, J (2013), [Styling]. Martell Campbell, Street Style - London Collections: MEN AW13 (2013). Various Press Sources, UK, 7 Jan.
- Jason Mohammad Bid to be New Dr Who (2013), [Radio Show: Photography and Styling]. BBC Radio Wales, 4 Jun.
- Sims, J (2011) ‘Cord Change’ [Newspaper Article Featuring Joshua Williams]. Life and Arts, Financial Times, London, 11 Mar.