Joshua is Senior Lecturer and Pathway Leader for Fashion Marketing and Management and a sustainable fashion entrepreneur.
His vision is a sustainable fashion system - fashion built upon circular principles across clothing, company and country - particularly the need to consider the closed loop design of our garments, the environmentalism, diversity and consciousness of our companies, and the regenerative nature of the whole system. If digital innovation meets slow fashion craft then our rich cultural heritage of making can evolve into a sustainable future.
His research is housed at the Research Centre for Environmental Humanities. He module leads across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes (subject to change).
- Digital Marketing (L7)
- Strategic Brand Management (L7)
- Fashion Marketing Visualisation (L6)
- New Trends in Management (L6)
- The Marketing Business (L5)
His business interests include founding the origin-inspired menswear label Tails 1979 and a non-executive director position at www.tailsandtheunexpected.com (for premium online menswear retail and manufacture).
- Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice - University of the West of England
- Post Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Leadership - Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership - Chartered Management Institute
- BA (Hons) in International Development - Sussex University
- Fellow of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (CF)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
Areas of expertise
- Sustainable fashion
- Entrepreneurship and innovation (startups)
- E-commerce and digital marketing
- Williams, J (2018), [Fashion Exhibition]. Tails Tokyo Showcase SS18. Tails Clothing Company and PARKER Interior Design, Yoyogi Park, Tokyo, 9 Mar.
- Fashioning the Future: Diverse Minds, Healthy Bodies (2018), [Radio Show: Panel]. Ujima Radio, Bristol, 18 Apr.
- Williams, J (2016), ‘Why I’m Voting to Bremain Not Brexit’, Minute Hack, London, 3 Jun.
- Last French Beret Maker Fights for Survival (2014), [Radio Show: Interview]. BBC Radio Wales, 24 Feb.
- Shané Schutte (2013), ‘On the Importance that Needs to be Placed on Heritage’ [Article Research and Interview by Joshua Williams]. Real Business, London, 18 Nov.
- Williams, J (2013), [Styling]. Martell Campbell, Street Style - London Collections: MEN AW13 (2013). Various Press Sources, UK, 7 Jan.
- Jason Mohammad Bid to be New Dr Who (2013), [Radio Show: Photography and Styling]. BBC Radio Wales, 4 Jun.
- Sims, J (2011) ‘Cord Change’ [Newspaper Article Featuring Joshua Williams]. Life and Arts, Financial Times, London, 11 Mar.