Louise is the Knowledge Exchange Officer working within the University’s Research Support Office. She is responsible for brokering collaborative relationships between academic staff and research users in government, businesses and communities. Louise is responsible for third-stream funding, university consultancy and supporting colleagues with the intellectual property of their research.
Louise is a member of the University’s Research, Knowledge Exchange and Consultancy Committee and the Enterprise Steering Group.
Before joining Bath Spa in October 2013, Louise was an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. She maintains an interest in knowledge exchange in environmental politics, acting as co-convenor of the Political Studies Association on Environmental Politics and conducts research into research administration.
- PhD in Politics, University of Edinburgh
- MSc by Research, Politics, University of Edinburgh
- MA in Culture and Politics of the European Union, Keele University
- BA (Hons) in French, Italian and European Studies, University of Bath.
- Invited member: ESRC Peer-Review College
- Editorial Board: Journal of Research Management
- Invited trainer: Praxis Unico Network of Knowledge Transfer Professionals
- Co-Convenor: Political Studies Association Specialist Group on Environmental Politics
- Member: Innovate UK’s Knowledge Transfer Network
- Member: National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement's Public Engagement Network.
- The Political Studies Association (PSA)
- The University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES)
- The European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR)
- The British International Studies Association (BISA).
- Shaw, K and Maythorne, L (2013) 'Managing for local resilience: towards a strategic approach.' Public Policy and Administration, 28 (1). pp. 43-65. ISSN 0952-0767. https://doi.org/10.1177/0952076711432578
- Maythorne, L and Peterson, J (2010) New model leadership in a new European Union. Edinburgh Europa Paper Series 2010/01. http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1690989
Maythorne, L (2013) Environmentalism in Europe: think European, act local. In: Environmentalism in Europe, 8 February 2013, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh.
Maythorne, L (2013) Social movement mobilisation and the State: a Europeanisation perspective. In: Southern Political Science Association Conference, 2 - 5 January 2013, Orlando, FL.
Maythorne, L (2013) Submission of evidence. In: The Scottish Parliament's Rural Affairs, Climate Change and Environment Committee and The Local Government and Regeneration Committee on the Second Draft Climate Change Report (RPP2), 20 February 2013, Edinburgh.
Maythorne, L (2012) Europeanising greens: mobilising in France, Italy and the UK. In: British International Sociological Conference, 20 - 22 June 2012, Edinburgh.
Maythorne, L (2010) Europeanisation and the anti-road campaign in European green groups. In: Political Studies Association 60th Anniversary Conference, 29 March - 1 April 2010, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh.
Maythorne, L and Peterson, J (2010) New forms of leadership in an enlarged European Union. In: Political Studies Association 60th Anniversary Conference, 29 March - 1 April 2010, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh.
Maythorne, L (2010) What does Europeanisation mean for green movement groups in Europe? In: ETHRYN 1st Annual Conference, 6 - 9 June 2010, Edinburgh.
Maythorne, L and Peterson, J (2009) New forms of leadership in an enlarging Europe. In: UACES 39th Annual Conference, 8 - 9 May 2009, Central European University, Budapest.
Maythorne, L (2008) Europeanization and climate protest in cross-national comparison. In: UACES 38th Annual Conference, 1 - 3 September 2008, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh.
Contact Louise about:
- University-business collaboration
- Funding for research