Louise is the Knowledge Exchange Manager working within the University’s Research Support Office. She is responsible for brokering collaborative relationships between academic staff and research users in government, businesses and communities. Louise is responsible for third-stream funding, university consultancy and supporting colleagues with the intellectual property of their research. She supports all aspects of the University's Knowledge Exchange profile including the Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF), the HE-BCI return and the KE Concordat.
Louise is a member of the University’s Research and Ethics Committee and the Enterprise Steering Group.
Before joining Bath Spa in October 2013, Louise was an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. She maintains an academic interest in environmental politics and conducts research into research administration - most recently she authored the chapter Knowledge Exchange as Impact in Research Impact and the Early Career Researcher edited by Fenby-Hulse, K; Heywood, E; and Walker, K. Routledge (2019). Louise is also on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Research Management and Administration and serves as a Fellowship Advisor to the Journal of Research Administration.
- PhD in Politics, University of Edinburgh
- MSc by Research, Politics, University of Edinburgh
- MA in Culture and Politics of the European Union, Keele University
- BA (Hons) in French, Italian and European Studies, University of Bath.
- Invited member: ESRC Peer-Review College
- Editorial Board: Journal of Research Management
- Invited trainer: Praxis Unico Network of Knowledge Transfer Professionals
- Member: Innovate UK’s Knowledge Transfer Network
- Member: National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement's Public Engagement Network
Contact Louise about:
- Identifying funding for research with business, public and third sectors
- Support with the above bid development including budget, ethics and data management
- University Consultancy
- Intellectual Property of research
- Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF)
- Knowledge Exchange Concordat