Lucy is a Senior Lecturer in Creative Writing with a focus on professional writing. She is responsible for the undergraduate Creative Writing programme’s vulnerable students and is the lead tutor for Creative Writing’s final year students.
Lucy is an Academic Advisor to students in all years and supervises students undertaking independent projects in years two and three.
Lucy’s current research is focused on using creative writing to respond to and make sense of national and global political events. Her secondary research interest is student-centred teaching and learning in higher education. Lucy is co-editing a book on leadership in higher education due to be published in early 2018.
- Certificate Professional Learning in Higher Education
- BA (Hons) American Studies
- MRes Transnational Writing, Bath Spa University.
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Fellow, Royal Society of Arts (FRSA).
- Creative Writing (Professional Writing).
Other external roles
Freelance writer, researcher and project manager with a specialism in working with the third sector.
Areas of expertise
Commercial copywriting, speechwriting, communications and public relations. Teaching and learning.