Megan Farr is a Lecturer in Publishing at Bath Spa University. She is the Module Lead on Publishing for Good and The Children’s Book Market and teaches on Create Lab.
Megan has over 20 years’ experience working in PR, marketing and communications in children’s publishing for companies including Barefoot Books, Little Tiger Press, Macmillan Children’s Books, Bonnier Books, Firefly Press, Graffeg and Chicken House. She has also worked in magazine publishing for New Welsh Review and for writing and reading promotion organisations BookTrust and Literature Wales.
She has a keen interest in independent and small nation publishing and is currently completing her PhD research thesis ‘Strategic Action for Internationalising the Children’s Publishing Sector in Wales’, a KESS2 funded PhD at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David. Key research areas cover publishing studies, Welsh children's literature and translation studies. Megan speaks Italian and French and is currently learning Welsh.
- MA (Hons) English Language and Literature, Glasgow University
- Cambridge/RSA CELTA certificate
- International Research Society for Children's Literature (IRSCL)
- International Board on Books for Young People UK (IBBY UK)
Areas of expertise
- Independent and small nation publishing in the UK
- Welsh children's literature
- Children's and YA publishing
- PR, marketing and communications