Prior to taking her post at Bath Spa University, Sarah worked extensively as an acting, voice, text and speech tutor at various drama schools throughout the UK.
She has held the posts of Senior Voice Tutor at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, Associate Lecturer at Royal Central School of Speech and Drama and Manchester Metropolitan University, and Visiting Tutor at ALRA North, Italia Conti, The Giles Foreman Centre for Acting and The Bridge Theatre Training Company. She has also worked under Di Trevis at the Freedom Theatre in Palestine.
Sarah trained as an actor at Drama Centre London and is a designated Linklater Voice Teacher. She holds an MA in Voice Studies from RCSSD and an MA in Shakespeare Studies from King’s College London.
Sarah’s research interests include the performance of vocal gender in strength sports and the ethics of language in voice and acting training pedagogy.
- Designated Linklater Voice Teacher
- MA Voice Studies (Distinction), RCSSD
- MA European Classical Acting, Drama Centre London
- MA Shakespeare Studies (Distinction), King’s College London
- BA (Hons) English Literature (First Class), Durham University.
Areas of expertise
- Text analysis
- Practical voice
- Voice for devising
- Fitness for actors.