- Lecturer Microbiology
- Email: email@example.com
- School: School of Sciences
- Campus: Newton Park
Sarah has a broad range of teaching experiences in schools, local communities, prison and Universities with both undergraduate and postgraduate students. She was an elected member of the national executive committee of The National Governors Council and worked with Government ministers and the Food Standards Agency as a member of the Foodbourne Disease Strategy Consultation Group.
Sarah gave evidence to DEFRA on issues related to rural education. Sarah is a Registered Nutritionist and a South West regional representative for the Association for Nutrition, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a member of The Institute of Food Science and Technology.
She previously worked at Southampton University as the module leader for the Dissertation module for the Masters in Public Health. Sarah was a member of the Ethics Committee at Southampton. Sarah has worked in industry in product development and is interested in food safety, security and sustainability together with nutrition.
- (BSc Hons) Food Nutrition and Consumer Protection
- (PGCE) Secondary Food Technology, Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Registered Nutritionist, Association for Nutrition.
- Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Association for Nutrition.
Areas of expertise
- Food safety
- Product Development
- Human Nutrition
- Food Production
- Sustainability and Food Security
- Public Health.