Sophie is an Associate Lecturer on the Dance course at Bath Spa University within Contemporary Dance Technique and Creative Practice. Alongside lecturing, she has been performing as an interdisciplinary dance-circus artist nationally and internationally for the past seven years. She has worked for companies such as Joli Vyann, The Cohan Collective, Mimbre, Lost In Translation Circus, Far Flung Dance Theatre and has performed within The Bregenz Festpiele. As well as this Sophie has developed her own work with Alats Dance Circus Company and as part of collective Many Hands Circus.
Her practice has formed from her experience as a competitive artistic and sports acrobatic gymnast which led her to study Dance at The London Studio Centre and then Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. As an artist she focuses on blending both solo and group acrobatics with contemporary dance and contact work.
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance - Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Foundation Degree in Musical Theatre and Dance - The London Studio Centre
- Equity Member
Other external roles
- Artistic Director of Alats Dance Circus Company
- Performer within Many Hands Circus and for Joli Vyann
- Youth Practitioner for Rise Youth
Areas of expertise
- Contemporary dance
- Contact work