Steve joined Bath Spa University as a senior lecturer and course leader for law in June 2020. He is a tutor on the LLB programme and law pathways. His areas of teaching include:
- Contract law
- Criminal law
- Company and commercial law
- Corporate governance
- International commercial law
- Sports law.
Steve has a background in law and in business, having worked in commercial and residential property development as well as running his own business.
Steve moved into academia in 2008 and has been shortlisted for student and colleague led awards at his previous institution for his teaching and pastoral care. Steve was the winner of Tutor of the Year at the Vice Chancellors Awards at the University of Hertfordshire in 2017.
Steve’s research interests include the regulation of ownership in sport and the comparative regulation of elite sport in the UK and the USA.
- PG CERT, Business Administration, University of Hertfordshire
- AFHEA, Higher Education Academy
- LLM Commercial Law, University of Hertfordshire
- LPC, University of Law, Guildford
- LLB (Hons), University of Hertfordshire.
- Member of the Committee of Heads of UK Law Schools
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Other external roles
- External examiner, Roehampton Law School.
Areas of research and expertise
- The British Constitution & Brexit with Model UN
- Criminal Law with Case and Matter analysis.
Contact Steve about
- Anything relating to studying Law.