Refugee teaching certification program for Egyptian and refugee teachers, enabled by blended learning (ReTeCP)
15 January 2019 – 14 January 2022
Bath Spa University’s School of Education is a proud partner of the Refugee Teaching Certification Program (ReTeCP) project, which is led by Frederick University in Cyprus.
This project aims to build country-wide capacity in Egypt, by focusing on the professional development and upskilling of pre and in-service teachers and the development of expertly designed learning opportunities and materials, in order to engage refugee and migrant communities. The project adopts an interdisciplinary, holistic and systemic approach that aims to build and strengthen the capabilities of students, school teachers and academic staff.
This project brings together European universities, Egyptian universities and a number of non-governmental organisations to deliver its objectives. It is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union – Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education.
- Frederick University, Cyprus (Lead)
- University of Crete, Greece
- Regional Centre of Expertise (RCE) Crete, Greece
- Bath Spa University, United Kingdom
- Al-Azhar University, Egypt
- Aswan University, Egypt
- Etijah - Youth and Development Consultancy Institute, Egypt
- Heliopolis University Association, Egypt
- October 6 University, Egypt
- Sekem Development Foundation (SDF), Egypt.