We offer a wide range of expertise to support your postgraduate research, and we'll help you find the supervisor that's right for you
The Graduate College requires you to contact and secure a potential research supervisor before you make your application with us. The following information will help you with this process.*
There are multiple ways to find a supervisor. We recommend the following:
- Searching for your area or topic of interest on ResearchSpace, our staff research respository
- Looking at our research centres and groups
- Exploring staff in our interest areas or via their staff profiles
*Please note this does not apply to MA Taught degrees, where you can apply via the usual route on the course page.
Our research specialisms are divided by our respective schools. We have listed below the main contacts for each subject area and any relevant research groups or centres.
You are also welcome to contact specific staff members directly if you already have a name in mind.
Bath School of Art, Film and Media and Bath School of Design
Postgraduate contacts for both schools can be directed to:
- Dr Michele Whiting, Higher Degrees Tutor for Design (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Conor Wilson, Higher Degrees Tutor for Art (email@example.com)
Additional contacts for each subject are also listed below.
Bath Business School
Contacts for each subject area are listed below. Please also see the related research centre, CLEPP - Centre for Leadership, Ethics, and Professional Practice.
- Dr Jeffrey Wale
School of Education
You may also be interested in the following related research centres and groups:
- REaCH - Research in Early Childhood
- CREiC - Centre for Equity, Inclusion, and Community
- CRSTLE - Centre for Research in Scientific and Technological Learning and Education
- Education and Social Justice research group
School of Writing, Publishing and the Humanities
The School of Writing, Publishing and the Humanities is Bath Spa's focal point for teaching and research in English Literature, History and Heritage, Politics, Religions, Philosophy and Ethics, Publishing and Environmental Humanities.
Please see the following related research centres:
Bath School of Music and Performing Arts
Key subject areas and contacts are listed in detail on the School's Research Degrees page.
School of Sciences
The School of Sciences investigates pressing issues and challenges in areas from creative social justice and environmental sustainability, to health and wellbeing for individuals groups and populations at local, national and global levels.
If you can't find a specialist in your area of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.