Dr Apfelbaum leads and teaches on the MAs in Classical Acting, Directing, and Performing Shakespeare. He also teaches on the BA Acting and BA Drama courses, specialising in Shakespeare, classical, and contemporary plays.
He is also a member of the Higher Degrees Taught Committee and is the Higher Degrees Research Tutor for Music and Performing Arts.
- PhD - The Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham
- MA, Shakespeare Studies - Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham
- BA, English and Philosophy - University of Maryland
Roger is interested in hearing from students wishing to pursue research in the following topics:
- Shakespeare and early modern drama, especially performance practice and performance history
- Twentieth and twenty-first-century drama
- Acting and directing practice as research.