- BA (Hons) Business and Management (Tourism Management)
- Bath Business School
- Campus or location
- Bath Spa University London
- Course length
- Four years full time.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. The main ones are listed under 'Typical offers' in the main column below. For combined courses, please check both subjects. If your qualification is not listed, please email email@example.com with your specific details.
Our London based Tourism Management course offers an integrated foundation course to prepare you for degree-level learning.
- Improve your language skills, academic writing and develop your knowledge in Business and Management.
- Develop enterprising skills through professional and personal development.
- Join our community of close-knit students and supportive and experienced academic staff.
Are you a budding business owner? Want to specialise in tourism?
Whatever your aspirations, our Business and Management (Tourism Management) course will give you a good grounding in the theory and practice of business in the context of contemporary tourism.
Along the way you’ll develop the core skills you need to excel in all kinds of businesses and start to build a clear picture of exactly where those skills could take you.
What you'll learn
We’ll help you develop as a person to achieve your potential through teaching you about tourism management and how it works. You’ll graduate with potential for employment in different businesses; this could be an organisation, the private or public sector, a charity or possibly your own business. We aim to give you the skills to apply your knowledge in a wide range of situations in any sector.
Following our tourism management course, you’ll develop specialist skills. You’ll learn to:
- Evaluate different approaches to destination management
- Understand contemporary conceptualisations of social change as they relate to tourism
- Demonstrate your knowledge of a range of emerging tourism forms.
Integrated Foundation Year (year zero)
The Foundation year will help you to develop your academic skills and prepare you for degree-level learning. It's designed to improve your language skills, academic writing and develop your knowledge in the subject area that you are going to study.
Gain a broad understanding of today’s business environment - from the context that organisations operate in through to trends in economic thinking and the importance of data in business. Modules will cover topics such as organisations and the business environment, economics and globalisation, and managing data.
Focus on the inner workings of businesses. Use business techniques to solve problems and start developing the skills that employers look for. Modules cover key themes including creativity and innovation in business.
Develop and explore your business learning and focusing on contemporary tourism issues. Undertake an in-depth business research project in tourism management. You’ll also have a chance to set up a business on your own or with fellow students. Other topics to explore include: managing sustainability; organisational strategy; and contemporary issues in tourism.
You'll be assessed in a wide range of ways that test your business knowledge and management skills. These could include presentations, work related projects, group-work, computer based simulations, podcasts, examis, essays, videos and business reports.
We offer variety in the way we teach: sometimes we will set you problems so you can find the answers for yourself, sometimes we'll lecture. Most modules use a mix of lectures and small group seminars. There's a good blend of online activities using our Virtual Learning Environment, Minerva. We invite business leaders in to talk about their experience and we arrange visits to local businesses. All of our teaching methods facilitate your development as a self-directed learner.
You’ll be given personal support in your study – we're a friendly team of academics, committed to helping you achieve your goals.
This course offers or includes the following modules. Please check the programme document for more information.
- Introduction to Business and Management
- Planning your Career in Business
- Communication for Professionals
- Introduction to Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Academic Study Skills
- Basic Statistics and ICT.
- The Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour and Management
- Economics and Globalisation
- Managing Data
- Design Thinking for Enterprise
- Professional Practice.
- Creativity for Business
- Innovation Management
- Tourism Management in Practice
- Destination Management
- International Business
- Festival and Events Management.
- Tourism Management Project
- Enterprise: Creating your Business
- Organisational Strategy
- Managing Sustainability
- Tourism Contemporary Issues.
We give you the opportunity to work with regional and national businesses. You’ll be working on live project briefs, helping organisations find creative solutions to their business issues.
You can gain accreditation from professional bodies and get exemption from professional exams.
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)/SAGE (Last confirmed: 2019)
Bath Business School has partnered with CIMA / SAGE who produce the UK's market leading accounting software, to offer an excellent grounding in computerised accounting. The qualification offers benchmarked skills that aim to enhance employability and business acumen.
Students who take the core Level 4 Managing Data module to have the option of taking the online test to achieve the CIMA accredited SAGE foundation certificate.
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) (Last confirmed: 2019)
CABS holds a Royal Charter, and is the voice of the UK’s business and management education sector. CABS supports members to maintain world-class standards of teaching and research, and helps shape policy and create opportunities through dialogue with business and government.
Bath Business School is a member of CABS, and the Vice Provost of Bath Spa University, Professor Georgina Andrews, is the Vice-Chair of the CABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Committee.
- Institute of Hospitality (IoH) (Last confirmed: 2019, Renewal date: 2022)
The IoH is an international hospitality professional membership body for managers and aspiring managers who work and study in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries. Established in 1938, the IoH helps more than 10,000 hospitality professionals in 100 countries grow their knowledge, professional profile and expertise by offering a wide range of high quality membership services.
Graduates are eligible to apply for the Associate (AIH) grade of membership, and following an assessment may also meet requirements for the member (MIH) grade.
Facilities and resources
This course is taught at our Bath Spa University London campus in Hackney. You'll still have access to many of our services digitally including:
Our libraries offer a wide range of business materials that you can access online. You can also access a wealth of material available via electronic sources. These include Business Source Complete, Mintel, Newsbank and an increasing range of e-books.
Our Learning Developer Samiya Mohamed is here to support you with your studies by:
- Providing sessions and workshops to improve study skills
- Designing online resources for guided self study
- Delivering drop-in sessions aimed at developing relevant skills and confidence.
You can contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees and eligibility
Please note: Students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland are not generally eligible for the UK (Home) fee status. Please refer to the international student rate. Irish citizens and those granted Settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme are eligible for UK (Home) fee status. There are also other circumstances where this may apply: See UKCISA for more information.
|Integrated Foundation Year||£9,250|
|Year 1||Published Jan 2023|
|Year 2||Published Jan 2024|
|Year 3||Published Jan 2025|
|Integrated Foundation Year||Published Jan 2023|
|Year 1||Published Jan 2024|
|Year 2||Published Jan 2025|
|Year 3||Published Jan 2026|
|Integrated Foundation Year||Published Jan 2024|
|Year 1||Published Jan 2025|
|Year 2||Published Jan 2026|
|Year 3||Published Jan 2027|
Entry to the course is reliant on you having permission to study in the UK.
For non-UK nationals you must either have a visa allowing you to study in the UK, or if an EU national, then you must hold Pre-Settled or Settled Status. With your application please provide either a copy of your Biometric Residence Permit, or (if you are an EU national) your 'Share Code'.
More information can be found on the Government website. Please follow the instruction on the government website and send us a copy of your passport, BRP/share code with your application.
Interested in applying?
You may not be from a traditional educational background, but you will be enterprising and creative and have the drive and motivation to succeed in a challenging environment.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes with an integrated foundation year:
- A minimum of five GCSE passes at grade C/4 or above (including Maths and English) or international equivalent. The qualifications must have been awarded within the last five years. Evidence of ongoing recent study preferred. Or;
- If you do not have formal or recent qualifications, you can support your application with evidence of appropriate skills and knowledge acquired through a minimum of three years post-school professional work experience. Accompanying your application, you must write an essay of 500 words setting out the following:
- A summary of your work experience
- A consideration on how that experience has advanced your skills and knowledge
- A summary of how that experience relates to the course of study applied for.
For further information about the programme or entry requirements, please email us at email@example.com.
If English is not your first language, we will need to see evidence of your proficiency in the English language.
Generally, we are looking for a score equivalent to IELTS 6.0, with 5.5 in each of the four components of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. We accept a range of qualifications including:
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 72
- Pearson PTE with a minimum score of 51
- Duolingo with a minimum score of 85
- Academic qualifications taught in English can also be accepted, such as GCSE English Language with a minimum grade C/4.
In addition to the academic requirements, your personal statement should set out your keen interest in the subject and why you wish to pursue the course. Applicants should also describe why they have chosen Bath Spa University in London.
All applications must be accompanied by a supportive reference, preferably from the last place of study, and documentary evidence of qualifications awarded. Documentation should be uploaded as part of the online application.
With your application you should upload a copy of your passport. If you are a non-UK citizen then evidence of immigration status is to be provided - either a copy of your Biometric Residence Permit, or if you are an EU national, then your 'Share Code'. More information can be found on the Government website. Please follow the instruction on the government website and send us a copy of your passport and share code with your application.
Ready to apply? Click the 'apply now' button in the centre of this page.
Course leader: Farzam Bonabi