Welcome to the library! On this page you'll find information about all of our remote services for Bath Spa London students.
Subject librarian support
Each subject has a dedicated librarian who can help you access library services, search for information, use databases and much more! You can contact your subject librarian by email or you can book a virtual 1:1 appointment. Your tutor may also arrange sessions with your subject librarian for your class.
There are two librarians supporting Bath Spa London:
Health and Social Care students:
Library chat service
Have a quick question or need help right now? Use our library chat service for 24/7 support.
The Writing and Learning Centre (WLC) can help you with a wide variety of academic skills. Whether you're writing an essay or report, need help with referencing or using statistics, the WLC is here for you.
Lots of support is available, including online resources, workshops and online appointments and online referencing drop-in sessions.
You can always speak to your subject librarian for help using our resources, or use the library chat service.
Request a purchase
Do you need access to an ebook that we don't currently have? You can request a purchase.
Academic journal articles are a great source of reputable research and useful to aid in your assignments. These are scholarly magazines that are published a set number of times a year. To publish in the journal you need to have academic credentials and your article needs to go through a ‘peer review’ process - this means it is checked by other experts.
You can access academic journals by searching for relevant keywords on the library catalogue and using the ‘articles’ button to limit your search to these. Your tutor may recommend a particular journal, e.g. ‘Harvard Business Review’, and you can search for this on the Journals A-Z to find articles published within that journal.
We have a wide range of databases that provide extra resources to help you with your studies. Be sure to check the full range on the Databases A-Z page as well as these recommended sitess:
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB is a TV and radio streaming service for education. This service allows you to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels. You can also watch a tutorial on how to use the service.
- Business Source Ultimate contains company profiles, case studies, market research reports and peer-reviewed journals.
- Euromonitor Passport provides data and insight on industries, economies and consumers worldwide, which can help you to analyse market context and identify future trends. Make sure you register with your Bath Spa email address. Watch this tutorial for more info on using the service.
- Gale OneFile: News (previously called InfoTrac NewsStand) provides access to full-text newspapers and allows you to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section, or other fields. A tutorial is available online.
- LinkedIn Learning (previously called Lynda.com) allows you to learn software, creative, design and business skills. New courses and videos are added every week. Watch the tutorial for more info on using LinkedIn Learning.
- Oxford Handbooks Online (OHO) is a collection of handbooks in Business and Management.
Accessing other libraries
Did you know you can access other university libraries using the SCONUL Access scheme? It’s free and means you can use a large number of different libraries in London and across the UK.
Apply for access on the SCONUL website.