Dr Walker is a Senior Lecturer at Bath Business School, specialising in creativity and innovation at work: how it is managed (e.g. team diversity, organisational culture) and how it is measured. She has had a number of roles within these areas in industry and continues to work closely with industry.
- PhD in Creativity, Innovation and Organisational Culture, Manchester Business School
- MSc in Organisational Pschology, Manchester Business School
- BSc in Pyschology, University of Surrey.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the British Psychological Society.
Bath Spa employment
- 2016 - present.
Other external roles
- Member of the Innovation Caucus (a joint ESRC-Innovate UK initiative).
Areas of expertise
Creativity and innovation at work, including how this can be facilitated through:
- Organisational culture
I am particularly interested in supervising research that falls either fully or partially within the following areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Organisational Psychology.
Topics of interest focus around how to encourage creativity and innovation in the workplace, through:
- Organisational culture
- Formalised processes
- Diversity (personality, gender, age).
I am open to a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods being used including:
- Multilevel modelling
- Structural equation modelling
- Regressions and factor analysis, and
- Qualitative, including (for example), interviews or focus groups analysed using content or thematic analysis.
Human Resource Management
- Walker, A. (2017). Measuring Innovation: Developing an Approach for a Service Organisation. Proceedings of the International Society for Professional Innovation Management.
- Walker, A., James, A. and Batey, M. (2013). A new front end innovation measure: design, construction and initial findings. Proceedings of R&D Management Association.
- Walker, A. and Batey, M. (2012). Do Creative Employees Experience Reduced Perceived Organisational Support? Proceedings of the International Society for Professional Innovation Management.
- Walker, A. and Batey, M. (2012). Introducing a new measure of Creative Style: First findings in Relation to Perceived Organisational Support, Performance, Job Satisfaction, Organisational Commitment and Turnover Intention. Proceedings of the European Academy of Management.
Practitioner articles/press contributions
- Walker, A. (2016). Ten steps to creating an innovation culture in your organisation. Utility Week.
- Walker, A. (2016). Creating an innovative culture is about more than beanbags: Ten steps to making your organisation more innovative. LinkedIn Pulse.
- Walker, A. (2015). Innovation in FM: Creating your innovation framework. FM World.
- Walker, A., Shipway, B. and Batey, M. (2013). Bridging the gap between academia and industry: Understanding creative and innovative climate. Brite, 1, 20-23.