I am the Provost at Bath Spa University. I commenced this role in June 2022. I was previously the Vice Provost, and prior to this I held roles such as founding Dean of Bath Business School, Director of Southampton Solent Business School and Associate Dean (Enhancement) of the Faculty of Business, Sport and Enterprise at Solent University, where I was one of the first Professors of Business Education to be appointed in the UK. Before this, I was a solicitor in private practice specialising in company and commercial law.
As Provost, I am the Senior Academic, responsible for the size and shape of the University. I oversee the seven academic schools within the University, Bath Spa University London, Academic Partnerships, Research and Enterprise, and Academic Planning (which includes Registry, Student Recruitment and the Data and Insights Service.)
- Professor of Business Education
- LLB ( Hons)
Recent professional updating
- Bath Spa University Leadership Development event
- Line Manager Induction
- Performance Management workshop
- Chartered Association of Business Schools conferences and events
- Managing Through Objectives workshops
- Challenging Conversations workshops
- Performance Development Review seminar
- Supporting International Students workshop
- Workforce Planning seminar
- Employment Law Updates
- Crisis Management seminar
- Social Media Masterclass
- Member of the Law Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Elected Member of the Council of the Chartered Association of Business Schools
- University of Chester
- Newman University
Other external roles
- Vice Chair of the Chartered Association of Business Schools Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Committee
- Academic Assessor for the Small Business Charter
- Member of the Enterprise Committee of the University of Gibraltar
- Dissertation supervision
- Business consultancy projects
Research and academic outputs
Andrews, G and Parsons, S (2018) 'Challenging judicial presumptions when equity is not equality.' The Conveyancer and Property Lawyer, 82 (1). pp. 8-16. ISSN 0010-8200
Andrews, G (2018) Discrimination law: history, society and Brexit. In: Public Lecture Series, 23 May 2018, Bath Spa University, Bath, UK.
Andrews, G (2015) Making business graduate employability work. In: MBACADEMY 2015: 1st Annual International Business Conference of the Management and Business Academy, 3 -5 July 2015, Brunel University.
Rattue, L, Ngkane, H and Andrews, G (2014) Vital issues: community report for Hampshire & Isle of Wight.