I am the Vice Provost at Bath Spa University. I was previously the founding Dean of Bath Business School, and prior to this I held roles such as Director of Southampton Solent Business School and Associate Dean (Enhancement) of the Faculty of Business, Sport and Enterprise at Solent University, where I was one of the first Professors of Business Education to be appointed in the UK. Before this, I was a solicitor in private practice specialising in company and commercial law. I am honoured to be a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) in recognition of my service as chair of the CABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Committee.
As Vice Provost, I am responsible for the leadership of the academic schools within the University, managing the Heads of Schools, and deputising for the Provost. I chair the University Equality and Diversity Steering Group and am a member of various senior executive groups including Planning Group and Partnership Oversight Group. I am also a member of the Senior Leadership Group and Academic Board. I am currently leading a number of recovery and renewal project activities relating to our academic portfolio and workforce.
Some of the reasons I love Bath Spa University are because of our focus on creative enterprise, and our core values of respect, inclusivity, collaboration and sustainability.
- Professor of Business Education
- LLB ( Hons)
Recent professional updating
- Bath Spa University Leadership Development event
- Line Manager Induction
- Performance Management workshop
- Chartered Association of Business Schools conferences and events
- Managing Through Objectives workshops
- Challenging Conversations workshops
- Performance Development Review seminar
- Supporting International Students workshop
- Workforce Planning seminar
- Employment Law Updates
- Crisis Management seminar
- Social Media Masterclass
- Member of the Law Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Elected Member of the Council of the Chartered Association of Business Schools
- University of Chester
- Newman University
Other external roles
- Vice Chair of the Chartered Association of Business Schools Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Committee
- Academic Assessor for the Small Business Charter
- Member of the Enterprise Committee of the University of Gibraltar
- Dissertation supervision
- Business consultancy projects
Research and academic outputs
Andrews, G and Parsons, S (2018) 'Challenging judicial presumptions when equity is not equality.' The Conveyancer and Property Lawyer, 82 (1). pp. 8-16. ISSN 0010-8200
Andrews, G (2018) Discrimination law: history, society and Brexit. In: Public Lecture Series, 23 May 2018, Bath Spa University, Bath, UK.
Andrews, G (2015) Making business graduate employability work. In: MBACADEMY 2015: 1st Annual International Business Conference of the Management and Business Academy, 3 -5 July 2015, Brunel University.
Rattue, L, Ngkane, H and Andrews, G (2014) Vital issues: community report for Hampshire & Isle of Wight.