Karen Gregory studied History at Somerville College, Oxford, before going on to work as a Project Manager, then a Beanstalk Coordinator, managing teams of volunteer reading helpers across a range of educational settings. She's also been a judge for the prestigious Write on Art Award and the Swindon Festival of Literature competition.
She is the author of three critically-acclaimed YA novels for Bloomsbury: Countless (shortlisted for the Leeds Book Award and longlisted for the Branford Boase), Skylarks and I Hold Your Heart.
Alongside her writing and teaching at Bath Spa, Karen works as Assistant Editor at the National Trust Magazine.
- BA History, University of Oxford
- PGCert. Local Government Management, Warwick Business School
Other external roles
- Assistant Editor, National Trust Magazine
Areas of expertise
- Writing for young people, particularly YA
- Fiction and non-fiction about and/or inspired by nature, wildlife and historic sites
- Shamanism and creativity
- Fiction and political consciousness