- Innovation Manager, MyWorld
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)1225 876 785
- Department: Research and Enterprise
- Office: The Studio at Palace Yard Mews
Rachel Pownall is Bath Spa University's Innovation Manager on the five year, £46M project MyWorld, which is funded by the UK Research and Innovation, Strength in Places fund. The project aims to develop innovation in screen-based industries across Bath and Bristol making the region a world leader in the field. Previously, Rachel was the university's Knowledge Exchange Manager on the South West Creative Technology Network (SWCTN), a three year Research England funded project to promote the use of creative technology across the South West.
Before moving to Bath Spa University, Rachel was a lecturer and course leader in Digital Media Production at City of Bristol College and her early career was in documentary film making.
- BA (Hons), Drama and Theatre Studies - Royal Holloway College, University of London
- PGCE, English - University of Bristol
- MA, Scriptwriting - Bath Spa University
Other external roles
- Rachel has recently started to develop her own practice in immersive theatre making, interactive installations and binaural sound.
Areas of expertise
- TV and film production
- Creative technologies
Contact Rachel about
- MyWorld funding calls and initiatives
- Links with The Studio at Palace Yard Mews
- Links with the wider creative technology community across Bath and Bristol