Sheku lectures on the Business and Management programme, and he is the Lead for Knowledge Exchange at Bath Spa University London. He is a Governance and Public Sector Management scholar with interest in inter-disciplinary research, and a Fellow of the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning (ITOL).
Sheku has worked for several years as Programme Leader and Senior Lecturer at the London School of Commerce, the Associate College of Cardiff Metropolitan University. He has more than 12 years’ experience in the higher education sector in the UK with doctoral level supervision and examination experience. He has Transnational Programme Development and Course Delivery experience.
Prior to a career in academia, Sheku worked for several International Humanitarian organisations, both in the UK and in Africa. The organisations include Handicap International (HI), Oxfam GB, Matthew 6 Foundation and Medical Emergency Relief International (Merlin) which is now part of Save The Children UK. He is an Associate Professor at Yessenov University in Aktau, Kazakhstan. He aims to foster collaboration with international organisations promoting good governance across Africa and the developing world. He is research active and aims to publish in Scopus ranked journals. He has a working knowledge in French.
- PhD in Public Sector Management
- MSc in Management Consultancy
- MBA Finance
- LLB (Hons)
- Fellow of the Institute of Training and Organisational Learning (ITOL)
Other external roles
- Doctoral Level Supervisor and Examiner
Areas of expertise
- Public Sector Management
- Local Governance and Decentralisation
- Organisational Behavior and General Management
- Human Resource Management and Leadership
- Business and Management Research
Areas of interest for research supervision
- Public sector management, including decentralisation policy implementation
- Change management
- New public management
- Corporate social responsibility
- General management