Will works as an Academic Tutor on the Primary and Early Years Initial Teacher Education courses at Bath Spa University. His teaching focuses on Primary English, Primary History and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). His interests include approaches to supporting children who struggle to learn to read and write, including those with specific learning differences such as dyslexia.
Will is interested in the needs, support and experiences of trainee teachers with additional needs and disabilities. He is a member of the PGCE Reasonable Adjustments working party. Will has recently completed a small-scale research project which investigated the experiences and identities of dyslexic trainee teachers.
- Masters in Specific Learning Difficulties/Dyslexia, Bath Spa University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE), Bath Spa University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Humanities, University of Exeter
- BA (Hons) Education Studies, University of Exeter
- Associate Member, British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA)
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Areas of expertise
- Primary English
- Teaching for Social Justice (TSJ)
- Primary History
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)