I'm fortunate to have a background in scientific illustration, and a long professional career in Fine Art which combined has given me a grounding of practical research in the field, publishing and extensive international exhibition experience.
My work has all been natural science based, with a leaning toward conservation project awareness, resulting in the LIFELINE Project which combines art, media and fieldwork research, with eco education for international needy schools as a tool for natural science communication.
My work developed further into Sci art with a major project on viruses in sandstorms and with my PhD on Water visualization at Bath Spa.
- BA (Hons) Scientific Illustration.
- Founder CEO of The LIFELINE Project, non profit organisation
- Recipient of the Explorers Club Award Coin for The LIFELINE Project
- Founder of OMAN WILD ART International Juried Exhibition
- Founding member of the international ARTIST AMBASSADORS AGAINST POACHING
- Advisory Council of Science Art-Nature, Stanford (USA)
- UK International Chair-Board of Directors, Society of Animal Artists (USA).
Into Hot Water – Visualizing water in relation to climate change, for the benefit of polar and glacial science and public engagement.
Dr Charlie Tweed and Dr Ian Thornhill.
My PhD is an interdisciplinary science and art research project, examining and interpreting water visualisation and its potential application in the environmental and physical sciences, focusing on Glaciology and Polar Science. I'm working with the British Antarctic Survey and the Cabot Institute for the Environment, taking water drop residues from the length of ice cores and in glacial melt, to assess how the resulting patterns correlate to scientific data.
- Published hardback fully illustrated book: A Voyage Round the World in Paintings - the art of Julie Askew. New Holland Publishers (London) 2008 (Sold Out).
- Smiths Gallery, London, UK
- Zoological Society of London, UK
- Westminster Galleries, London, UK
- Cheng-Kim Loke Gallery, WWT, UK - Solo Exhibition
- Mountain Trails Gallery, Jackson Hole, USA
- Tryon Gallery, London, UK - Solo Exhibition
- Kunstgallerie Oog Voor Nature, Holland
- Trailside Galleries, Jackson Hole, WY, USA
- Columbine Gallery, Loveland, CO, USA
- Lovetts Gallery, OK, USA.
- Nature in Art Museum, Gloucestershire, UK - Solo Exhibition
- San Diego Natural History Museum, USA
- The Wildlife Experience, Denver, USA
- Dennos Museum, MI, USA
- Milwaukee Public Museum, WI, USA
- Peninsula Fine Art Center, VA, USA
- Appleton Museum of Art, FL, USA
- Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History, OK, USA
- Bennington Centre for the Arts, VT, USA
- Harim Blauvelt Museum, NJ, USA
- Palm Beach County Convention Center, USA
- Iriving Arts Center, Dallas, TX, USA - Featured Artist
- The Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art, MO, USA
- The National Sporting Library and Museum, VA, USA
- Roger Tory Peterson Institute, NY, USA
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, AZ, USA
- The Canton Museum of Art, OH, USA
- The Houston Museum of Natural Sciences, TX, USA
- National Mississippi River Museum, IA, USA
- Brookgreen Gardens Museum, SC, USA
- George A. Spiver Center for the Arts, MO, USA
- The Salagmundi Club, NY, USA.