Libby’s PhD topic examines the impact of University Technical Colleges in England. The study will focus on whether University Technical Colleges fulfil their own aims and objectives; whether University Technical Colleges challenge the tradition function of vocational education, in regards to gender, race and/or class. It will also focus on staff, student, parent, sponsor perspectives on employability and the role of so-called ‘employer-based pedagogy’.
She has worked within academy schools as well as alternative provisions, where she has become more interested in vocational education, preparedness for work and life skills.
- BSc (Hons) Social Sciences, University of Kent
- MEd Psychology of Education, University of Bristol
- The Impact of University Technical Colleges
- Vocational and technical education
- Preparedness for work
- Life skills.
- Professor Charlotte Chadderton
- Dr Richard Riddell