- Counsellor and Mental Health Practitioner
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Student Wellbeing Services
Amanda works at Bath Spa University within Student Wellbeing Services as a Counsellor and Mental Health Practitioner supporting students in one-to-one mental health appointments and counselling. Amanda also offers mindfulness meditation drop-in sesssions and teaches an eight week mindfulness based living course to students.
She has a flexible approach to counselling and mental health support, which means that she is able to tailor sessions to individual needs. She draws upon her training and experience to intergrate a range of therapeutic models and approaches which include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person-centred, Compassion Focused, Mindfulness and Polyvagal Theory.
Amanda provides a safe, warm, non-judgmental and compassionate space for students to explore difficulties, gain a broader understanding of themselves, whilst making steps towards acceptance and their full potential.
Postgraduate Diploma in Therapeuitc Counselling (CBT)
Mindfulness Association - Mindfulness Teacher Training
BA Hons Degree
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - Registered Member.
- Mindfulness Association Membership - Approved Teacher & Practitioner
Other external roles
- CPD Manager for a Counselling Charity in Gloucestershire.