Caroline joined Bath Spa University as a senior lecturer in 2012, having previously worked as a class teacher in a number of primary schools. Her area of interest is primary mathematics and she has led the PGCE primary mathematics team since 2013. She also leads the PGCE primary mathematics specialist route, teaches on the Teach First programme, is a supervisor for Master’s students and an Academic Tutor for Bath Spa Teachers.
Caroline’s doctoral research is focused on the experiences of early career primary mathematics specialists. She is also interested in researching the teaching practices of mathematics teacher educators and early career teachers in the use of symbolically structured environments and in developing slow methodologies that support learning through research / teaching collaborations.
- BSc - University of London
- PGCE - St Mary's College
- MEd, Mathematics Education - University of Bristol
Caroline is currently studying for her PhD at the University of Bristol.
- Fellow - Higher Education Academy
- Association of Teachers of Mathematics (ATM)
- British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics (BSRLM)
Other external roles
- Oxford Brookes University (2015 – 2019)
- Co-opted Governor - St Werburgh’s Primary School (2013 - 2019)
- Chair of Governors - St Werburgh’s Primary School (2018 - 2019)
Areas of expertise
- Primary Mathematics