- PhD - University of Strathclyde
- BA (Hons) - University of Strathclyde.
- Modern British Social and Policial History
- Modern American History
- Modern History of Religion in Europe
- History of American and British Popular Music in the 20th century
- Historical methodology and Historiography
- History of Public Health and Medicine.
- My recent main area of scholarship is in the relationship between the Religious Beliefs and the Politics of Margaret Thatcher. The research will be published by Palgrave in 2021
- I am working on a number of projects around the subject of the history of contagious diseases, notably outbreaks of the Bubonic plague in the 20th century
- In collaboration with media and games studies, I am helping to curate a display on the history of the technologies that used magnetic tape
- I am also looking at putting together a project on the history of Board Games.
Research and academic outputs
Williamson, C (2019) Deviance, disorder and music in modern Britain and America. Bloomsbury Academic. ISBN 9781441150714 (Forthcoming)
Williamson, C (2016) The history of Catholic intellectual life in Scotland, 1918–1965. Palgrave Macmillan, London. ISBN 9781137333469
Williamson, C (2018) '"Hope I die before I get old": youth, deviance and popular culture in Britain.' In: Nash, D.S and Kilday, A-M, eds. Murder and mayhem: crime in twentieth century Britain. Palgrave, London. ISBN 9781137290441 (Forthcoming)
Williamson, C (2016) 'Bonnie and Clyde of the blackout: the short criminal career of Gustav Hulten and Elizabeth Jones.' In: Nash, D and Kilday, A-M, eds. Law, crime and deviance since 1700: micro-studies in the history of crime. Bloomsbury, London, pp. 83-103. ISBN 9781472585288
Williamson, C (2016) 'R.B. Cunninghame Graham.' In: Mitchell, J and Hassan, G, eds. Scottish National Party leaders. Biteback, London, pp. 65-86. ISBN 9781785900921
Williamson, C (2012) 'The Church of England and the Falklands War.' In: Parker, S and Lawson, T, eds. God and war: the Church of England and armed conflict in the twentieth century. Ashgate, Burlington, VT, pp. 165-186. ISBN 9780754666929
Williamson, C (1998) ''An antidote to Communism': Catholic social action in Glasgow 1931-1939.' In: Boyle, R and Lynch, P, eds. Catholic community in modern Scotland. John Donald, pp. 11-41. ISBN 9780859764872
Williamson, C (2016) '1966 and the three crises’ of the Beatles.' BBC World Histories, 1. pp. 52-57.
Williamson, C (2015) 'The quiet time? Pay-beds and private practice in the National Health Service: 1948–1970.' Social History of Medicine, 28 (3). pp. 576-595. ISSN 1477-4666
Williamson, C (2014) 'The Ted scare.' Revue Francaise de Civilisation Britannique, XIX (1). pp. 49-66. ISSN 0248-9015
'To remove the stigma of the poor law': the 'Comprehensive' ideal and patient access to the municipal hospital service in the city of Glasgow 1918-1939
Williamson, C (2014) ''To remove the stigma of the poor law': the 'Comprehensive' ideal and patient access to the municipal hospital service in the city of Glasgow 1918-1939.' History: the Journal of the Historical Association, 99 (334). pp. 73-99. ISSN 0018-2648