Hugh Osborne joined the university in July 2013. He is a senior lecturer in International Teaching and Support in the English Language Unit. His current responsibilities include delivering Pre-Sessional programmes and supporting international students across Bath Spa. He is also an IELTS examiner.
Previously, Hugh worked for the University of Bath directing the summer Pre-Sessional Management programme, preparing international students for School of Management postgraduate courses, including the MBA. He also designed materials for, coordinated, and taught on courses to support international and domestic students on the School's various postgraduate courses. Finally, he was involved in various projects across the University developing student employability. Hugh also taught at Nankai University, China, for several years.
For fifteen years, Hugh worked in journalism, travel, recruitment, and sales and marketing. His years in business finished as a company director of a company that he had started, before he sold up and returned to teaching.
Hugh's main professional interests lie in integration strategies for international students, teaching academic writing and assessment methods.
- BSc (Hons) University of Bristol
- MA University of London (SOAS)
- Postgraduate Certificate of Professional Learning in Higher Education (CPLHE)
- RSA Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages - Bell College Cambridge.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- Internationalisation of HE
- Integration (of international students)
- Curriculum design
- Academic writing skills
- Assessment methods.
- Examiner for the Cambridge IELTS exam.