Maggie Robbins joined Bath Spa in September 2019 and is a senior lecturer on the Primary and Early Years PGCE programme (Primary Maths team) and an Operational Lead.
Previously, Maggie worked for 15 years as a classroom teacher, mentor and lead mentor supporting PGCE teachers from Bath Spa University. She also mentored trainee teaching assistants and Newly Qualified Teachers. Maggie took part in Bath Spa University’s 2018 Mentor Development Working Party.
As a teacher, she led school choirs throughout her career, maths enrichment activities, and undertook an Action Research project with the Boolean Hub in 2018, looking at the Distributive Properties of Multiplication. Her MA dissertation looked at gender differences in maths attainment.
- B.Mus (Hons) Surrey University
- PGCE (Primary) University of the West of England
- PGCHE (Higher) Bath Spa University
- MA (Raising Achievement in City Schools) University of the West of England
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Areas of expertise
- Primary Mathematics