Norah joined the Psychology department at Bath Spa University in May 2023. She started her MSc research back in 2005, exploring what was back then, a relatively new treatment for Parkinson's Disease patients – Deep Brain Stimulation of new target areas of the brain.
Norah then went on to complete a PhD and expanded her project when a unique opportunity presented itself, being able to record directly from within the brain at the same time as recording from the scalp while a Parkinson's patient performed various cognitive tasks.
After a short break raising her four young daughters and opening her own home baking business, Norah completed her PGCE in Religious Education in 2020, after which she taught REP, as well as Psychology at a secondary school in Bristol.
She's keen to be back at university to continue her passion in teaching, as well as explore various research opportunities.
- PGCE, Religious Education, 2020
- PhD Neuropsychology, University of Bristol, 2013
- MSc Neuropsychology, University of Bristol, 2006
- BSc Psychology, American Unviersity of Cairo, 2005
- BA Journalism and Mass Communication, American Unviersity of Cairo, 2005
- Religious Education